'Vertigo' allegedly will be played today on Southern CA radio station - pt5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mkdominatr said:
whats this story of bono and rollins?

I think there was a misunderstanding. SOmeone asked why Rollins is such a dick towards U2. Well I know for a fact that Rollins is gay. So I just said perhaps Bono turned him down once...and Rollins is bitter. Just speculation because I can't see why else Rollins would be such a jerk.

ahh. the man just slammed u2 again - I can respect someones opinion of just not liking something but this is a bit overboard. If you note the live stream it is stuck on "lemon" hmmm...

starsgoblue said:

I think there was a misunderstanding. SOmeone asked why Rollins is such a dick towards U2. Well I know for a fact that Rollins is gay. So I just said perhaps Bono turned him down once...and Rollins is bitter. Just speculation because I can't see why else Rollins would be such a jerk.

ok :lol: i thought you actually meant that.

Elvis said:
I really have this odd feeling that it will still be played.

I have to agree with you Elvis. The day is not over at all - especially in CA. And if Rollins' show ends at 9, that gives them 3 more hours to resume the U2 marathon.

Hate Rollins all you want (he's truly an untalented fame whore - and I'm not even a fan of Black Flag either, but compared to the other crap he's done, it's at least tolerable), but don't hate the station. At least not yet. Let them finish out the day - then spread the hate. :lol:

Bad thing for a new station to do. Notice how they only seem to have 4-5 commercials? They keep repeating the same ads. Slow days in the ad sales department. They'll switch formats in less than a year.

Oh my heavenly saints, I was gone for an hour and this has gone through a thread and a half. Amazing.,purely amazing...

Henry Rollin's..grr..He doesnt have to like U2, but geez, he doesn't always have to advertise the fact that hes U2's number one hater.

I don't remember the promos saying they'd play the song *during* the marathon. Rollins started his show at the usual time and they might still play Vertigo tonight. In fact, I think they will. This isn't a minor station--it's a very strong station in LA that's been shaking up the rock market, and they're not so unprofessional as to pull a dumb publicity stunt that'd hurt their standing. It's only 8pm in LA right now, and like many people said, song premieres often seem to happen at 9pm. Check the station in an hour and see what the DJ says.

Guys I can assure you, Vertigo will be played on this station. I guarantee it. The staff at the station would read a couple of emails, realize they have a promise to live up to and play it.

hers the complaint I sent to the station:

I was really exited to hear about a new Indie Radio station in my area, and was planning on being a frequent listener. Now I will never listen to this station again. Promoting a song, (u2- Vertigo), and then not playing it is false advertisement.
People all over the world, have been listening to the station for hours, and this certainly gave them a bad first impression of this radio station.
Then having to listen to the DJ, Henry Rollins, deprecate a band on-air is insulting. I don't want HIM telling me, a listener of a radio station, what music is or is not good.

Therefore, I won't be listening to your station again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom