'Vertigo' allegedly will be played today on Southern CA radio station - pt12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, just got up. Nothing except that stupid screaming Rollins. I could hardly sleep las night I was so excited, kinda like christmas. Oh well, maybe it'll be on BBC1 this week...

Stop sending emails, honestly.

You're buying into the stereotype that Rollins has projected, and any more enflamed words will only contribute to his cause... the nature of which I'm not even sure he understands.

But, if you want to waste time on someone who relies on negative publicity to fuel a lowly lecture circuit and various low brow tv hosting jobs... that's just fine. Maybe ignoring his efforts might give him reason to reflect on how much time and energy he puts into hating a band... how his obtuse speeches are really just the last sparks of life in a destitute mind. I salute you, Henry Rollins, for winning the day against a bunch of over-anxious u2 fans. Hopefully this experience will beef up the content in your talk tours... sessions so deprived of entertainment and insight that my mind weeps from malnourishment.

Rock on you crazy bastard.

:up:

Last edited:
I can honestly say that I feel bad for everyone that has been listening that long. I think I started around 8 or 9 and have 3 or 4 hrs. into this and I'm pissed enough. I can't imagine listening much longer.

-Waz

just sent this back to Rollins

"I can't believe the stunt your station pulled on a large number of fans who gave you and your station a shot at being something respectable and actually building a fanbase. I don't know any of the history that you have with U2 but to take it out on new potential listeners to the station out there is the most idiotic thing you could've done. I know for fact that you had people that have never heard of Henry Rollins or Indie 103 listening worldwide, and the only thing you displayed was your hatred and contempt for people taht you don't even know. Here's hoping that you find yourself without a job tomorrow. Cheers. Another Happy Listener"

Modest Mouse!!!!!

Okay, yeah, I know that this was basically a PR stunt...but...it worked...I'll probably be listening to them now. I know, I suck. I'm sorry. But they play some good stuff!

Come on U2 managemnet. We're a bunch of crazed U2 nuts that have been tricked by these wankers at 103.1! GIVE US THE SONG U2 to make up for it!! Bono u there?!?!?

mofo82 said:
just sent this back to Rollins

"I can't believe the stunt your station pulled on a large number of fans who gave you and your station a shot at being something respectable and actually building a fanbase. I don't know any of the history that you have with U2 but to take it out on new potential listeners to the station out there is the most idiotic thing you could've done. I know for fact that you had people that have never heard of Henry Rollins or Indie 103 listening worldwide, and the only thing you displayed was your hatred and contempt for people taht you don't even know. Here's hoping that you find yourself without a job tomorrow. Cheers. Another Happy Listener"

You guys!!! This ISN"T Rollins doing!!!! It's the station you guys, come on now. You can yell at him for saying shit but he didn't orchestrate a whole day of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom