'Vertigo' allegedly will be played today on Southern CA radio station

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brown-eyed girl

Babyface
I was browsing my friends page on LiveJournal and found this to be relatively newsworthy.

A friend of mine called me this morning to inform me of an all-day U2 onslaught on 103.1 here in So Cal. They're calling it Monday Bloody Monday and they are going to premier Vertigo sometime today...**DIES OF EXCITMENT.** You can either hear it on 103.1 in So Cal or LISTEN LIVE. Even if I don't here Vertigo today I'm just beside myself at the fact that they're playing songs that you never hear on the radio.

I AM OFFICIALLY DEAD in a good way!!! :D

EDIT: they may or may not play it because it's supposed to go to radio stations on 9/24. But they keep saying they'll play it. Who really knows. **Is a happy camper anyway**

Link to radio station: http://indie1031.fm/listenlive.html

They wouldn't be so evil as to advertise this and then not play it would they? Do they realize how many people that would piss off?

Yep - they're playing U2 alright.... think could be a long night. I hope my boss is in a good mood tomorrow.!! (this could be a late night!)

Did you hear their station ID ad? That sounds like what I would the intro "Vertigo" (or what I would imagine) starting out like. It sounds like they have it and are toying with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, I'm gonna be inside all day listening to this ALL DAY!

Thanks for the info, by the way...

Already? I doubt that, I think they might play a few second snippet tops.

yeah, i'll be keeping this open all day... even if they dont play vertigo, still have some pretty good music to listen to eh

i'm very skeptical of this.

is there anyone in the area that could call them and confirm?

Jim said:
Yep - they're playing U2 alright.... think could be a long night. I hope my boss is in a good mood tomorrow.!! (this could be a late night!)

Jim

what's the URL link ? As you are also in the UK presume you are listening via broadband ????

cheers

Mike

i have it recording... i think. just in case.

i doubt they do play vertigo, but hey, if they do, then sweet... if not, oh well.

Much bigger market than the Cleveland All-dayer, a few days later, and a holiday in the US. We'll see if the DJs say anything about it.

that would be pretty unethical to actually advertise that you're going to play a song, and then not play it.

but then again, i'm not sure that they actually advertised that they're going to play it.

haha, monday bloody monday!

(i hate that guy's vioce though)

if any of you guys are looking for a sound recorder, PolderbitS is a good one!

I really doubt that they will broadcast the song, it's not unrealistic that Paul McGuinness would sue them. On the other hand, it would be an enormous PR stunt for the radio station...:eyebrow:

No, I know, mikal ... maybe it's a staged buzz, as to get more listeners.

The quality isn't perfect, but if someone will be able to record it, it will be a hell lot better than the other clips!

I've promised myself that I'm only going to play the new material on my stereo and not though my PC...luckily I learned how to burn CDs a few weeks ago! It's going to take some strength to turn this stream off and wait for an mp3 to show up!

Let's all make the most of this build up... it may never happen again!

heh, their media player right now says...

U2
Stuck In A Moment With You

maybe when they play vertigo they'll play velvet dress...

as far as a PR stunt to get more listeners, i'd like to know what the laws or rules are as far as false advertisement when it comes to something said on air, once again, if they actually said they were going to play Vertigo on the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom