"Vertigo" Album Name Confirmed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
According to the article posted here on Interference from The Guardian, the new album name is confirmed!

"The new album, titled Vertigo, is due to be released in November and will be the first new studio album from U2 since All That You Can't Leave Behind, nearly four years ago."

Cool! At least, amidst all the confusion, we get some news out of this!

I spotted that too!
I heard another bit of info. Some Irish DJ let it slip that "Vertigo" will be the first single. Not sure of the accuracy of this tho.

I really don't think that's accurate. More than likely the reporter read the rumors on the internet.

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no and NO!

read the signature below!!!

Media regurgitation.

It's listed by one news outlet, and it gets repeated.

That's how the March 2004, Solar dates were reported.

There is a decent chance that it might be called Vertigo, but this article is no confirmation at all.

And that means jack squat.

They also registered "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" domain names too.

So now it's going to be a double album with two names, one disc will be named "Vertigo" and the other "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb".

I mean, the domain names have been registered so it MUST be true and confirmed, right? :rolleyes:

:laugh: Good signature, DaveC.

Well, a domain may not necessarily mean anything, but wasn't allthatyoucantleavebehind also a registered domain back in 2000?

HelloAngel said:

We know.. but there's been no official confirmation that Vertigo is an album name, single name or tour name. All speculation at this point with no sources confirming or anything.

You guys know everything! :D I didn't read this story via a link from this site so I wasn't sure. I realize that there is no official confirmation.

The domain names, I thought, were traceable to management types, so not likely that someone took 'em to sell 'em later just in case...

The spokespeople I thought also wouldn't confirm or deny Vertigo, and there was loose talk too I thought about it being 'a working title' but nothing final.

When I first heard it I didn't like it at all, less so even than How to Dismantle an atomic bomb, but I'm coming around to it. It could work fine really...it's a good word, punchy..three strong syllables...

cheers!

The domain names were traced to a guy with a media firm in Dublin who also bought u2allthatyoucantleavebehind.com to sell too.

Vertigo won't happen.

I'll even go so far as to use my trademark...

Bet on it. :wink:

The new album will be called:

Vertigo from dismantling an atomic bomb during solar winter in Hanover Quay

U2girl said:
The new album will be called:

Vertigo from dismantling an atomic bomb during solar winter in Hanover Quay

Larry will throw a fit, but I'm sure we'll all love VFDAABDSWIHQ!

I put this in the wrong thread earlier. Apologies.

Vertigo will be the name of their new studio in Dublin which will be on the top two floors of a 60m tower to be built in the docklands. Prediction not fact. Yet.

Versonnex said:
Irish Sunday Independent claims it will be called "How to Defuse an Atomic Bomb"

Hi! Are you able to email me that press link/article? I'd really like to post it in News. Thanks!

I have just caught news about the album being stolen on MuchMoreMusic (Canada's version of MTV), and they actually state that the album will be titled Vertigo.

Back
Top Bottom