Vertigo A-listed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pfft. You know how many times I've heard "Vertigo" on the radio? THREE! That's all! The stations where I live only play Avril Lavigne and Three Doors Down. And it makes me very angry. Very angry indeed.

i heard it on an adult contemporary station :madspit: they should be playing it on rock and pop stations in my opinion.
im sooo tired of hearing avril, beyonce, and maroon 5 on the radio around here. most of the time it remains off, i just turned it on lately to hear vertigo:wink:

It's incredible how U2 can cover the full spectrum of radio stations, from the pop fueled Radio 1, more mature Radio 2, cheesy music of HeartFM et al and the indie coolness of XFM.

Ive only heard it on the radio 3 times, although I havent had the chance to listen to the radio as much as I used to.

Its great that they are A Listed! Could they be anything else? :wink:

i heard vertigo about 4 or 5 times on rock 101 and only once yes once yestarday on 95.3. Again they also play britney spears avral three doors down and all the other new worthless shit out there! Its also making me angry. And PS I do listen to plenty of stations and in this 2-3 week period like i said tops maybe 6 times all together. I hear other shitty songs by shitty artists over and over and over and over its like radio stations only have maybe 15 songs that they play everyday and replay them over and over and over.

PS and i heard the stupid emminem song over and over as well! What a peice of crap that song is and it baffles me people actualy like to listen and radio stations are playing that alot more then U2 ARGHHH

I've never heard "Vertigo" on the radio once.

But I suppose that in order to hear it, one must actually listen to the radio. :hmm:

We have crappy radio stations here in Newfoundland, so I never do listen. The "Rock of the Rock! Oz FM!" can go kiss my ass.

Vertigo is number 2 on the Top 9 at 9 countdown on the local radio station here(Red Deer, Alberta 98.9FM Z99) yet I have only herad the song 3 times on the radio since it's release. One of those 3 times was last night on the countdown. Strange how a song can be so high on the countdown with very little airtime.

Last edited:
Our local "variety rock" station 92.3 premiered Vertigo and played it three times in a row. However, I've only heard it ONCE since then. Haven't heard it on "Indy's New Rock Alternative" X103 (they never play U2...but they play Hoobastank and Nickelback all the time, which are soooooo alternative and hard-rockin', especially compared to boring stuff like U2's Vertigo :rolleyes: ) nor have I heard it on any of the Top 40 stations (which DO play some good stuff like The Killers and Franz Ferdinand). But hey, maybe I'm just missing it... though I never seem to miss Eminem's "Just Lose It" :tsk: What a weak-ass song. Eminem is capable of much better... why the hell everyone is playing that crappy song is beyond me.

I havn't heard Eminem's new song. Is it that bad? As for Vertigo, I hear once in a while on the modern rock stations I listen to. What really gets me is that I havn't heard it on the Music Choice channels I mostly listen to on Satellite TV.

I haven't heard it on the radio either, but according to one of the main stations website it's number 1. :wink:

Waiting for Vertigo in the crap radio stations in my city it's a kind of chinese torture, I'm starting to hate Maroon 5, Hoobastank, Avril, and other shitty artists, by the way, the Eminem single stinks too...

It's amazing how the people listen these songs, no one come close at the adrenaline level that Vertigo produces.

Hallucination said:
Vertigo is number 2 on the Top 9 at 9 countdown on the local radio station here(Red Deer, Alberta 98.9FM Z99) yet I have only herad the song 3 times on the radio since it's release. One of those 3 times was last night on the countdown. Strange how a song can be so high on the countdown with very little airtime.

A fellow central albertian????

I'm from Red Deer. You're right, they hardly ever play it on Z99.

Back
Top Bottom