various news on the album from several U2 sites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
atU2.com:

A contact in Poland tells @U2 that the local Universal Music office there lists not one, not two, not three ... but four formats for U2's new album:

CD

limited edition CD/DVD

vinyl

limited edition box

Universal Poland did not, however, confirm the November 22nd release date. That news has only been confirmed so far by Universal offices in France, New Zealand, and The Netherlands. (Thanks Z.)

CD --Yes

limited edition CD/DVD ---Yes

vinyl ---Yes

limited edition box ---Yes

Box sets don't always mark the end of one's career. I believe Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers had one a few years back, and the album they most recently made was incredible. So, yknow, it may simply be a way to make even more money. And it will work. You have to admire that.

Yes, the box set may have items that have to do with this new album. :yes:

It will be a while before we get THE box set from U2.

InALittleWhile9 said:
CD --Yes

limited edition CD/DVD ---Yes

vinyl ---Yes

limited edition box ---Yes

Box sets don't always mark the end of one's career. I believe Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers had one a few years back, and the album they most recently made was incredible. So, yknow, it may simply be a way to make even more money. And it will work. You have to admire that.

Exactly right. I will probably buy the regular cd, the limited edition/dvd, and the box set. I don't really have a record player so the vinyl won't be of any use to me. So that's 3 copies of the album that one person will buy. I know other ppl who will also buy the multiple formats. It's a good way to get people to buy more than one copy of the album.

As a side note, I'm glad to hear you say that Tom Petty's recent album was incredible, because I totally agree. That album was great. Petty is the man! I recommend Tom Petty's "The Last DJ" to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom