Vanity Fair Article

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hug: Thanks so much!!

"You feel the room. You know where it is...it's over there...no, now it's over there....So I'd push over a bunch of speaker stacks, or climb up, or set fire to myself."
:lol:

So they're considering commercial sponsorship for the next tour?
That's interesting. I wonder who will win that argument, and also who is arguing for which side. I'd love to know that.

RademR said:
I did enjoy myself as any young man would have done in a similar situation, but I don't think it was particularly excessive compared to most people. It may have seemed that I was more so because the others weren't so visible. But they have more than caught up, I must say."

I had to laugh when I read this.

Yes, it was so funny that he was the party guy, while they were virtually tea-total. Now he's the abstainer and the others love to drink and party. He's always been the odd man out.

biff said:
So they're considering commercial sponsorship for the next tour?
That's interesting. I wonder who will win that argument, and also who is arguing for which side. I'd love to know that.

Probably going along with the sound and image technology they said'd they'll use on the next tour in the interview posted in the News section.

I'm guessing Edge and Bono are on the "techy" side.

RademR, that was very nice. Thank you very much for taking the time to type it all, other than that I wouldn´t be able to know about this article. :)

MT

FOR THE LOVE OF GOOD.....AFTER 25 YEARS THEY ARE GOING FOR A COMMERCIAL SPONSORSHIP??? WHY?WHY?WHY? Edge, if your are reading this tell me this is not the truth!!!!!!!:no: :no: :no: :mad: :down:

solar said:
FOR THE LOVE OF GOOD.....AFTER 25 YEARS THEY ARE GOING FOR A COMMERCIAL SPONSORSHIP??? WHY?WHY?WHY? Edge, if your are reading this tell me this is not the truth!!!!!!!:no: :no: :no: :mad: :down:

Not yet, the article only said they were considering it. It's an argument they've had before, and they're having it again. Nothing's been resolved, according to the writer of this piece.
But I bet there are plenty of fans who would be prepared to see the band go with a tasteful sponsorship if it meant they could visit more parts of the world, like South America, which is apparently being left out of this next tour.

Kick ass article. Very enlightening. I feel like I have discovered a lot of things I never knew from this band on the last articles from different magazines. Things they usually don’t give away so easily. It seems like they are more open about their personal lives nowadays than ever before. Cool. Thanks for typing all of that for us RademR. You too kicks ass. :wink:

hey, did you notice that story of bono and the band meeting Naomi Campbell way back in 1985? i though 'the bible' said that the first meeting was the one cleverly arranged by bono in 93.

marik said:
hey, did you notice that story of bono and the band meeting Naomi Campbell way back in 1985? i though 'the bible' said that the first meeting was the one cleverly arranged by bono in 93.

Well, that's just wrong (a misprint, I hope?), because Naiomi was only 15 years old in 1985, and not even a model (let alone legal) at that time. There's no way they got together way back then!

biff said:

Well, that's just wrong (a misprint, I hope?), because Naiomi was only 15 years old in 1985, and not even a model (let alone legal) at that time. There's no way they got together way back then!

I checked the article, it definetly says 1985. But you're right, that might be a misprint because that would be a little strange.

I know that Naomi and Christy Turlington were teenagers when they first met Bono, but Naomi wasn't "discovered" until she was 15, in 1985, so it had to be at least a couple of years after that. And yes, Bono did introduce Naomi and Clayton; he was playing matchmaker, but as we know, it didn't work out. (I saw a recent interview with Naomi, in which she said the relationship failed because Clayton had proposed to soon, and also because she was afraid if she married in Ireland, it would be impossible to get a divorce. Sounds like it was doomed from day one, with an attitude like that!)

biff said:
I saw a recent interview with Naomi, in which she said the relationship failed because Clayton had proposed to soon, and also because she was afraid if she married in Ireland, it would be impossible to get a divorce. Sounds like it was doomed from day one, with an attitude like that!

What a bitch! :mad:

I'm sorry--I don't keep up with Adam like I should--but I had not heard of his girlfriend-Susie Smith-he has had since '94. Fill me in. I also loved what Bono says about Ali--he really really loves that woman.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom