Vanessa Carlton - Where The Streets Have No Name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mark Freedman

War Child
Ok, I was afraid to hear this, but now that I have, I think she did a pretty damn good job.

She had that huge hit a couple of years ago -- A Thousand Miles. Coming out with a new album, and has that new single getting a lot of airplay -- White Houses.

Her cover of "Paint it Black" also kicked MAD ass. It was disturbingly dark in contrast to the single, which is true of much of the album. Is the new album out yet?

Also, when's the last time someone this cute covered Streets?

vc-playstation-full.jpg

Certainly cuter than Tom Morello, Flea, Serj Tankin, and Maynard James Keenan (Talented as those guys are)

Bono's shades said:
Everyone seems to be covering Streets these days...

Pet Shop Boys
Axis of Justice
Vanessa Carlton

At least that's an interesting range of styles and commercial standing. Very much an universal choice. Now all we need are the inevitable P Diddy samples on the next Mase album. :huh:

Vanessa Carlton covering streets? :up:
She's a pop singer and I dont get into her music at all (although "Thousand Miles" was stuck in my head for days like everyone else in this country), but she's cute and she is talented, a good piano player. I remember seeing something on TV where she said about Bono, "I just had never seen a man sing like that. It's almost operatic." You go girl!!! Would like to hear her cover.

It looks like, according to Nessaholics message board anyway, it's not gonna be on the album. I'll be buying the album anyway, but if anybody could send it to jasonccash@yahoo.com I'll shower them with mint chocolate chip ice cream (in tubs so no one gets sticky)

Huh? It most definitely is on the album. Track 7 (originally planned for track 11).

You know there was a persistent rumour, thank Christ it never came to fruition, that Creed was going go do a live medley of "My Sacrifice" with Streets on their last tour... :huh:

Back
Top Bottom