Vanessa Carlton - Where The Streets Have No Name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think she sings it fine. I like it a lot, and I am NOT a covers fan at all.

I agree about Tori Amos's cover of RTSS. Do you know where I could find a recording of that Japanese WOWY cover?

Thanks very much learn2kneel!!

Your generosity is very much appreicated.

I like the cut - classy, respectful, unique. But I don't love it. Piano is great innovation however.

Cudos..

Mark Freedman said:
I think she sings it fine. I like it a lot, and I am NOT a covers fan at all.

I agree about Tori Amos's cover of RTSS. Do you know where I could find a recording of that Japanese WOWY cover?

Her name is Utada Hikaru. I saw a video on the internet of the performance which was during a Japanese MTV Unplugged. She also did the theme song to the PS2 game Kingdom Hearts, the song "Simple and Clean"

I think one of the two of three best U2 covers is that Tori Amos version of RTSS. Simply beautiful, it might be the best, I can't think of a better one at this very moment.

Sadly, this is NOT on the new album. But the album is still good. There are 11 tracks, only 10 listed, but I went to the last track to check; definitely not Streets. But it's still a pretty decent album for us indiscriminate pop junkies. :)

learn2kneel said:
you can find the mp3 here -

hxxp://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSharing.woa/wa/default?user=thereisnospoon94&templatefn=FileSharing98.html&xmlfn=TKDocument.98.xml&sitefn=TKSite.8.xml&aff=consumer&cty=US&lang=en

its entitled 07- streets have no name

Am I doing something wrong? I can't seem to see or download anything from this page. . .

I must say this song blew me away.

I originally had no idea she even covered it. I d/l her album because of white houses, which IMO is a pretty damn good song. Then when I got I was like.... WTF? WTSHNN?

Needless to say, I was blown away. I've liked Vanessa ever since her last album, and this gives me reason to like her just all that much more.

She's got some skills on that piano.

Back
Top Bottom