UTEOTW on Best Of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ONElife

Babyface
I would put down money that UTEOTW will be included in the next BestOf album. Simple reason is precedence. I think UTEOTW is the Bad of the 90's. Both songs were never released as singles (Wide Awake doesnt count). Both have been live staples long after their original tour. UTEOTW was played all but a handful of both the Popmart and Elevation shows. Bad was included on the first best of, which was basically all the singles. There is no reason to think the next best of will be any different. That does mean that WGRYWH and IGWSHA will both be on the album even if they weren't very popular songs. UTEOTW will be included too.

Yeah, I'm sure it'll be on there. I mean leaving UTEOTW off the 90's greatest hits would be like leaving Bullet the Blue Sky off the 80's greatest hits. Oh wait...

Sometimes it takes me forever to figure out what these abbreviations stand for.

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
Sometimes it takes me forever to figure out what these abbreviations stand for.

LMAO!! Me too! Half the time I have to go to the lyrics page to figure out what song(s) people are talking about. And then when I finally figure it out, I'm always like "D'oh! I should have know that!" Maybe I should make myself a key...

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
LMAO!! Me too! Half the time I have to go to the lyrics page to figure out what song(s) people are talking about. And then when I finally figure it out, I'm always like "D'oh! I should have know that!" Maybe I should make myself a key...

Here's check out this handy thread.
http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum6/HTML/000118.html

Realistically, End of the World is the only non-single from the 90's that should make the cut. Then again, Bullet never made the cut on the 80's and that song is a concert staple.

A Best Of without Gone is hard to imagine, but a Best Of without End of the World is unimaginable.

There are three songs....excluding the songs off ATYCLB, that have been played at EVERY SHOW of EVERY TOUR U2 have done since they were released (excluding promotional sets)

ONE
STREETS
UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD

I can see it on the Best of The 90s....but thte thing you'd have to ask yourself is "How many songs should there be on the Best of the 90s?"
I'd say 15, but it could be 14.
Just really, depending on what non-single songs they want to put on it.
Bless you all
WHYWHY

Originally posted by WHYWHY:
There are three songs....excluding the songs off ATYCLB, that have been played at EVERY SHOW of EVERY TOUR U2 have done since they were released (excluding promotional sets)

ONE
STREETS
UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD

I can see it on the Best of The 90s....but thte thing you'd have to ask yourself is "How many songs should there be on the Best of the 90s?"
I'd say 15, but it could be 14.
Just really, depending on what non-single songs they want to put on it.
Bless you all
WHYWHY

Actually some Lovetown shows don't have Streets at all...
wink.gif

UTEOW should make it because it is one U2's all time best live songs. Hearing the song live gives me such a rush, especially at the end of the song where Bono is screaming, the Edge is playing as if he were possessed and the two start jousting maniacally. I especially enjoy the Zootv version where Bono chants " Is this rock-n-roll!!" over and over.

As part of the ZooTV, Popmart and Elevation tour, has U2 ever not played UTEOTW? I think it may be one of the most consistently played U2 songs ever, yet it is unknown amongst non-hardcore fans. Amazing.

karl

Hey karl, basically everything you just said could also be said for Bullet the Blue Sky. Unbelievable live, unknown to the common fan, and almost always played at concerts. Yet not on the greatest hits.

UtEotW is the only song I've heard all four times I've seen U2 (ZooTV, PopMart, Elevation (1) and (3)). It seems to have a great importance to the band as part of their live show!!!

Anyone for flashcards on the lingo!!!

------------------
If your glass house should crack....POE

Back
Top Bottom