Upon Further Reveiw...Bonocam shots DEFINETLY from 6/9!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, those of you who have been following my personal dissection of the new DVD under the thread "Upon Further Review...Elevation DVD...Truth In Labeling?" will appreciate this...

Originally, I thought the bonocam shots were from 6/5 or 6/6...but I now realize this is NOT so...for CERTAIN! Here's why:

*At 1 minute 15 seconds into the actual start of the concert (just as bono starts to bow his head towards the ground and while the Elevation prelude is still playing on the PA system) the view from the bonocam is of a less than enthusiastic late 20's-early 30's guy in a white golf style shirt along the VERY FRONT RAIL right in front of Bono's microphone. Between 1 minute 16 seconds and 1 minute 17 seconds the next shot is from an actual camera BEHIND Bono, and you see a COMPLETELY different cast of characters!!! Completely different! Than, between 1 minute 18 seconds and 1 minute 19 seconds you can see that same guy in the white golf shirt again as the DVD picks up the bonocam shot as Bono moves from having his head bowed and looks towards the heavens. However, as soon as the band hits the very first note of Elevation and as the DVD changes into color...Presto...the guy in the white golf shirt and all the people who were around him are mysteriously gone...and in their place are the people from the EARLIER shot from behind Bono at 1 minute 16-17 seconds...i.e. the people I hung out in the GA line with ALL day on 6/5!!!

*There are NO CAMERAS in the "pit" between the stage and the front rail of the heart. NONE! On both 6/5 and 6/6 there were at LEAST two camera's AND an assistant to the cameramen positioned in front of Edge and Adam. I remember them all too well as they obstructed my view at times during 6/5! From the bonocam shot at the beginning of the DVD in black and white and more prominently in the "easter egg" bonocam of the complete version of "Elevation" which appears in color there are NO CAMERAS in this area...unlike both 6/5 and 6/6!

*Signs. Signs were not allowed in the heart on 6/6...yet signs are clearly visible in the heart via bonocam.

*I BELIEVE, and stress BELIEVE, that I can see our beloved sulawesigirl holding up her "You Never Lost The Job" sign in approx. the second row in front of Edge. I say BELIEVE, because even when still framed it is impossible to read the sign clearly but sula confirmed to me that yes, she did hold a sign up as Bono took the stage on 6/9 and that yes, she was in the second row in front of Edge. Possibly not as convincing as some of the other evidence but I'm quite sure this is her! FYI: Sula wasn't at the 6/5 or 6/6 show, only 6/9!

*Sound. This may be less obvious to most but I believe this is yet ANOTHER example of bonocam being from 6/9! The sound on the DVD is in either Dolby PCM or Dolby Digital Surrond. However, when the bonocam "easter egg" is accessed on the DVD the sound is very distant and monotone...it is actually the sound that eminates from Bono's earpiece!!! In other words, I believe that had bonocam INDEED been from 6/5 or 6/6 it would have been in either PCM or Dolby Digital Surrond...but since all the sound recording equipment critical for the DVD had been sent packing...well it only makes sense that this explains that "distant, monotone" sound that can be heard.

*Faces in the heart. Again, this is clearly visible within the easter egg of bonocam. Everyone in the heart is COMPLETELY different from both 6/5 and 6/6 as shown on the full length concert...and that guy in the white golf shirt is BACK this time for the entire song.

This, to me, is all convincing evidence that bonocam is indeed from the 6/9 show...which validates public comments by Willie Williams that Bono only wore it for 6/9!

Of course, this clever editing drives me whacko and I despise it...but that is a COMPLETELY different thread now isn't it!

[This message has been edited by Like someone to blame (edited 11-28-2001).]

eek.gif

Holy Moly.

Cripes...I'm impressed.

if analyzed it second by second? I WISH I had that much time, and patience, and...

hell. I wish I had the DVD to begin with.

Boo!

Originally posted by EPandAmerica:
Does the dvd have Bonocam on UTEOTW? Ack I was at the outside tip of the heart on 6/9!!

Good question- I'd love to see the bullfight from Bono's point of view. I'm getting the DVD for Christmas, so unfortunately I have to wait till then!

I'm impressed by your investigative work, LSTB! They can't get the editing past you!

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
I think I saw a glimpse of my FAT head..as well
DB9

At first glance I thought Mr. Potato Head had suddenly become a U2 fan and somehow stumbled into the heart...but upon further reveiw I see that indeed, the FAT head is NOT Mr. Potato Head's but instead our beloved DB9!
biggrin.gif

Bono didn't have a cam on 6/6 or 6/8 so I know it can't be from those days- all Bonocam footage is def from 6/9.
smile.gif

------------------
Your eyes make a circle
I see you when I come in here

* U2 Take Me Higher *

I've heard various ways to access the easter egg for UTEOTW. The way I do it is by selecting title 7 (which is the main menu, but you have to do it this way to access the egg, at least on my computer), then I click the resume button on my DVD remote and it starts the easter egg. I still can't get the 1976 thing to work. I don't know why, but it just doesn't seem to work on my computer's DVD player.

------------------
"I swore to my father I'd never do hamster-style again."

"looking for the sound thats gonna drown out the world
looking for the father of my two little girls
got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade
looking for the face i had before the world was made." - MOFO

Originally posted by EPandAmerica:
Does the dvd have Bonocam on UTEOTW? Ack I was at the outside tip of the heart on 6/9!!

Yes and no. Part of UTEOTW from the actual concert section of the DVD is from bonocam. In other words, bonocam and regular camera footage is intertwined in the DVD...I just don't recall right now if there is a bonocam when he is at or near the tip...there is definetly one when he is about 5 feet from the tip on Adam's side...he is looking down into the back side of the heart...will have to check it out for you tonight and let you know.

Of course, if you give me a brief description of what you may look like that would help my investigation!!!

[This message has been edited by Like someone to blame (edited 11-28-2001).]

On disc 2 of the DVD, the UTEOTW easter egg is the performance of the song from the bono-cam. The whole song is from his perspective and actually you can't really see that much until he gets out onto the heart because it is so dark in the arena. If he indeed only wore the bono-cam on 6/9, then i guess this performance is from 6/9 and you probably have a cameo appearance! I did notice that on the UTEOTW easter egg, after he kisses Edge's head he doesn't turn away from him like he does in the performance on the first disc. This first led me to believe that the bono-cam was from another show or that the footage used after he kissed Edge was from another show. Now with all this stuff that Like Someone to Blame has been finding I guess i was right. Either way, edited or not the DVD is great and every entertaining.

------------------
"I swore to my father I'd never do hamster-style again."

"looking for the sound thats gonna drown out the world
looking for the father of my two little girls
got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade
looking for the face i had before the world was made." - MOFO

Originally posted by amybatt:
Funny, Willie gets credit, but I don't??? Who pointed it out to you first there, Maine Boy?
wink.gif

AB

***sheepishly bows head and positions himself in the corner of the room with the mighty "dunce" cap on***

Ooops...sorry amybatt!!! You're right! It was you who first got me doubting my initial belief that bonocam was from 6/5 or 6/6, which led me to REALLY scrutinize those shots.

Can you forgive me???

Well, as good as 6/6 was, it seems only appropriate that some 6/9 footage be included since in my subjective opinion, that was the best of the 20 shows I've seen this tour.

Originally posted by sv:
Well, as good as 6/6 was, it seems only appropriate that some 6/9 footage be included since in my subjective opinion, that was the best of the 20 shows I've seen this tour.

Yep! 6/9 is at the top of my Elevation list and also the top of my all time list!

Back
Top Bottom