Updated iPod U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The original U2 Ipod must've been a success for them to update it.

No kidding. I thought I'd heard recently that the U2 iPod was only limited edition, and wouldn't be around much longer. Maybe they just meant the original version.

iPods are for rich, U2/Bush-supporting, corporate losers.

Cool people listen to music on vinyl or cassette. You should here how good my American Idiot tape sounds!!OMG!!!!!#11111

This post was a joke, but sadly there are people out there with this opinion.

2Hearts said:
iPods are for rich, U2/Bush-supporting, corporate losers.

Cool people listen to music on vinyl or cassette. You should here how good my American Idiot tape sounds!!OMG!!!!!#11111

This post was a joke, but sadly there are people out there with this opinion.

And they are called idiots. American or otherwise. :wink:

i love my normal U2 iPod!! coz everybody at my school has iPod minis so im different

but a colour one doesn't sound all that bad but meh i'll live!

I just saw the new edition yesterday! I was kind of pissed. I got the the older U2 ipod just about a month and a half ago, and I paid 30 bucks more for it!
Oh, well. I still love my ipod, and who really needs a color screen?

I have a 3rd gen 10GB and my battery is starting to crap out, so maybe I can get one of these new ones as a replacement...

:drool: :drool: :drool:

TheRooster said:

I think at least in my case I have a problem because I only bought the Ipod a week ago. I waited to see if they would upgrade since it had been a while since Apple's last upgrade. I'm not saying that it isn't worth the money. But apparently to Apple it isn't since they both improved the U2 Ipod and lowered the price. And I'm not asking for my money back. I would have gladly paid the same price for this improved Ipod. In the end I will end up paying more anyway. I know that companies update and come out with products all the time. But perhaps a sign, much like they did for Tiger, that says that 6.28.05 the new Ipods will be released would have been nice say on 6.21.05 the day I bought the Ipod. Just because other companies do this doesn't mean I'm going to like it or that it is right. Its interesting how the sales associate can take the time to be nice and courteous while they are trying to sell me and Ipod warantee but not courteous enough to give me a heads up on the fact that a newer better and cheaper edition is coming out in a weeks time. But I guess from some of replies this is all my fault, the consumer. I should know better than to buy things or expect fairness. Damn my silly ideals.

And where did you buy it that won't let you return in a week later?

Just return it, and get the new one.

Chrisedge said:

And where did you buy it that won't let you return in a week later?

Just return it, and get the new one.

I did return it, but since it was alread open I had to pay a $35 restocking fee so in the long run I ended paying $15 more which I think the better battery is worth alone but like I said it would have been nice if Apple had something to say that in a week a newer better and cheaper Ipod was coming out. I found out that even the employees didn't know and a few of them had just purchased photo Ipods. There were quite a few others there returning recently bought Ipods to get the newer ones.

I'm just pissed because I asked my homie at apple "are they gonna upgrade?" and he said "no... it's not selling well, they might actually take them off the market" and so I stupidly bought one!

Back
Top Bottom