Update on MTV2 Concert!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
Well, according to another U2 site the description for the MTV2 Concert on saturday, 2-2-02 has changed..

Update:

Just as an FYI, here's the updated description from Rock on TV about the
MTV2 Concerts show airing this weekend:

"An exclusive U2 concert from their recent world tour. The 60-minute program
was recorded in Boston, MA, and features songs from the band's latest,
multiple Grammy-nominated album "All That You Can't Leave Behind"."

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH
mad.gif
its just a condensed version of the boston/elevation concert!!...Man..I am bummed...sheesh did we get jerked around!..Nothing special.. I will probably watch it anyways...hmph...

Anyways...Peace!!

------------------
If you twist and turn away
If you tear yourself in two again
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would
Let it go
Surrender
Dislocate

That's so odd considering all the VJs on MTV2 have been saying it's the MSG show, and my cable guide states the same.

I guess we shall all see on Saturday.

Why, WHY, WHY??? I've been looking forward to seeing this since before the first time it was supposed to air.

Oh, and if this is true ... I'd put money on the fact that it wasn't an MTV decision. They've really been hyping the MSG show. Seems to me that the decision must have come down from the U2 organization.

I emailed Booker (he's a vJ on MTV2)and this is what he told me:
"What they told me is that it is a new Elevation Tour show that hasn't been seen before. So I doubt it is the one on the DVD but I can't say for sure."
I really hope it's not the boston concert!

Hey Lise...

Thats interesting!..I sure hope thats true!...I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that it's something we haven't seen!!
wink.gif

Guess we gotta wait and see...

Peace!

------------------
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would
Let it go
Surrender
Dislocate

Originally posted by Lise:
It just frustrates me that MTV2 doesn't say what concert will be airing.

rest assured viacom doesn't mind you discussing MTV2's lineup in great detail.

------------------
november 12th 1955

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
That's so odd considering all the VJs on MTV2 have been saying it's the MSG show, and my cable guide states the same.

I'm wondering, I was at the MSG show that is supposed to be the one shown, and I saw NO cameras, other than the handheld one following Bono around all night. Now you've got to admit, watching THAT would be like watching Blair Witch Project after seeing the quality of the DVD. I just don't see where this MSG footage is coming from. Anyone?

Amy

Originally posted by amybatt:
I'm wondering, I was at the MSG show that is supposed to be the one shown, and I saw NO cameras, other than the handheld one following Bono around all night. Now you've got to admit, watching THAT would be like watching Blair Witch Project after seeing the quality of the DVD. I just don't see where this MSG footage is coming from. Anyone?

Amy

I still don't know which show they are referring to, but I was in the front row at the 27th show, and there were 3 people with cameras. There was one guy with what I would say is a "normal" size camera for tv filming (he was next to Larry all night). Another camera was following Bono's every move, and I can't remember the 3rd, but I do remember at least three. Certainly not enough to do a full fledged show, but there very well could have been larger cameras all around the arena. Who knows. I do hope it's that show though. I want everyone to witness the greatest show they ever put on!! I really hope they show Elevation. Damn, THAT was incredible. Was like someone just split the atom in the middle of MSG.

Did you ever wonder how could MTV2 air a U2 concert that never was set up technically for taping to begin with? None one I know that attended a NYC concert this year reported an unusual amout of cameras on location.

Who is the director of this concert? Who gets all the credit when the credits roll at the end? Sorry people.

There is a new U2 concert on MTV2 = The lastest DVD release. Nothing more, nothing less. "New" could be anything. As in, never aired on MTV2 before.

Well, y'all I just found this bit of info...
Looks like its official...!! ARGHH!!! It's what I thought it was a condensed/edit version of the boston/elevation dvd...
mad.gif

Here's what I got from u2.com(I'd say thats the official word if its coming from them)

M2's Special Presentation, 'Live from Boston'

MTV2 will air a special edit of 'Elevation 2001 Live from Boston' tomorrow night, Saturday.

The programme will air at at 7.30pm and 12.30am EST.

sorry to bear the news we didnt want to hear..
frown.gif

Peace!

------------------
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would
Let it go
Surrender
Dislocate

Back
Top Bottom