Update of The Fly - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-01-2004, 10:20 PM   #16
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 489
Local Time: 06:41 AM
The first time i heard the intro my jaw dropped, it is absolutely stunning and then Bono singing quietly over it, my favorite one is when Bono sings "YOU CAN HAVE IT ALLLLLL, YOU CAN HAVE IT ALLLLLLL" I heard that from the Phoenix bootleg and it still gives me chills.
__________________

EvolutionMonkey is offline  
Old 10-02-2004, 08:09 AM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,345
Local Time: 10:41 AM
Not to offend anyone, but while I enjoy both live versions very much, I think the original live version with Edge's vocals is far better than the Elevation version. Edge's vocals add a lot to that song in terms of the ambiance it had and in terms of illustrating with the music where the band was in 1991-93. Also, in the ZooTV versions, Bono sang the 'a man will...' part of the chorus in a higher octave, and I think that made it more powerful for me. Just an opinion.
__________________

namkcuR is offline  
Old 10-02-2004, 08:15 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict
 
u2granny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Pious Aires, WA
Posts: 15,191
Local Time: 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR
Not to offend anyone, but while I enjoy both live versions very much, I think the original live version with Edge's vocals is far better than the Elevation version. Edge's vocals add a lot to that song in terms of the ambiance it had and in terms of illustrating with the music where the band was in 1991-93. Also, in the ZooTV versions, Bono sang the 'a man will...' part of the chorus in a higher octave, and I think that made it more powerful for me. Just an opinion.
They're all just opinions.
u2granny is offline  
Old 10-02-2004, 11:09 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict
 
starsgoblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Looking for direction to perfection
Posts: 17,828
Local Time: 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by EvolutionMonkey
my favorite one is when Bono sings "YOU CAN HAVE IT ALLLLLL, YOU CAN HAVE IT ALLLLLLL" I heard that from the Phoenix bootleg and it still gives me chills.
Yeah that part to me is where it really seems like The Fly is looking back to his heyday...still trying to convince himself that he's not heading to MacPhisto-land.

Either that or I overanaylze life way tooo much....
starsgoblue is offline  
Old 10-02-2004, 04:36 PM   #20
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 489
Local Time: 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue


Yeah that part to me is where it really seems like The Fly is looking back to his heyday...still trying to convince himself that he's not heading to MacPhisto-land.

Either that or I overanaylze life way tooo much....
Ive never thought of that I guess i'll have to listen tot it again right now and analyze.
EvolutionMonkey is offline  
Old 10-02-2004, 04:38 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict
 
starsgoblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Looking for direction to perfection
Posts: 17,828
Local Time: 09:41 AM
Lol, let me know whatcha think!
__________________

starsgoblue is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com