Until The End Of The World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
One of my favorite U2 songs and one of my favorite live U2 songs. It never fails, it’s pure entertainment and pure rock n’ roll. One of Edge’s best riffs and in my opinion the best ending to a U2 song! :drool: The song’s been on the set list for quite some time now and I think it would blend in great with the new material (at least if they are like Vertigo). Here’s the question: do you think U2 should still play it on the next tour?

My answer: HELL YES!!!! It’s too good to be left out (same goes for Bullet the Blue Sky).

Hell yes. That song is just brilliant, and I love the bullfight thing that Bono and Edge do... I was watching the Slane Castle DVD yesterday and the band seems so close and full of energy on that song... love it!! Edge, if you're reading this, I beg of you, play Until the End of the World :D

AtomicBono said:
Hell yes. That song is just brilliant, and I love the bullfight thing that Bono and Edge do...

I show that to everybody! I go crazy when I watch this, specially what Bono did during the Elevation Tour, kicking the guitar and making that noise while sticking his mike on the guitar! Just a perfect rock n' roll moment! :up:

My favorite part is the last few bars in the song, when Larry is pounding those deep beats on his drums!

As for the studio version, I love how seamless the different parts are!

i love it live - but i've heard it live a bunch of times now, if it were to be replaced by something great that i've never heard them perfrom live, then i wouldn't mind it being dropped from the set list. I would enjoy hearing Gloria, God II, or Acrobat instead. But I agree, the song is amazing; especially live.

This and "One" are my two favorite U2 songs, and the major reason "Achtung Baby" is my favorite all-time album. One of their finest moments, and it seems to lend itself to great staging in concert (Bono & Edge's "bullfight.") I hope it stays in the set, too.

Totally agree. Although if Ultra Violet or Acrobat or Love is Blindness could replace it...I wouldn't mind.
Still, one of the best U2 live songs.

irreplacable. This is one song they should never take out of the setlist. As good as it is on Acthung Baby, it sounds so good live. It never gets old, Elevation tour version electrified the crowd just like it did on ZooTV

I would most definetly mind if they left it out this tour. That song was created to be performed live! Something wonderful happened to me during there performance of it during one of my Elevation shows....I've got an emotional connection to it. (haha, as if my avatar doesn't give anything away) Yes...they must play it this year!

djerdap said:
Totally agree. Although if Ultra Violet or Acrobat or Love is Blindness could replace it...I wouldn't mind.
Still, one of the best U2 live songs.

As much as I would love to see Acrobat performed live, I would still rather have Until the End of the World. I have never seen a song played live that has more energy, electricity and emotion behind it. I have always thought this is one of U2's best songs, both live and on the albums.

I love this song, especially how the beginning builds up and Bono's delivery (more so in the last verse). And it's a treat live, but I'm not sure if the band considers it a lock for the setlist. They're at the point where if they don't stay on stage longer, there isn't going to be room for all of the usual songs plus the new material plus a few songs that haven't been played in a while.

Sorry, it's never really enchanted me and i'd go as far as to say it's the least favourite song off Achtung Baby......Get rid of it for the next tour and give us Ultraviolet or The Fly

Severely Over rated in my opinion.......almost criminally so....

One of my favorites. :up: Great riffs, galloping groove, and awesome lyrics that are wide open to interpretation. Honestly, I can't think of a U2 show without this song. I'm sure they'll play it on next tour. It sounds fantastic live, especially paired with New Year's Day. :drool:

i love this song so much i've given reports in school on it...

write a song about judas and jesus without actually mentioning their names and pawning it off as just another rock and roll song about a relationship gone bad? Brilliant!

guiness-inside.jpg

I love UTEOTW and its probably one of the most memorable moments from the Elevation tour, but I have to say, everything has its moment. Popmart was special but we'll never ever see something like it again, Elevation was different but still special, I really hope they take the same approach with the new tour, because I don't want to see a repeat of Elevation-- thats what DVDs are for

arw9797 said:

Until the End of the World and New Year's Day back to back live = a slice of heaven. :drool:

Yeah, but don't you think that Last Night On Earth, Until The End Of The World and New Year's Day one after the other is much better? :hyper: My favorite and most exciting part on Popmart Mexico City and in many of the Popmart shows I have!

:bow:

TheBrazilianFly said:

Yeah, but don't you think that Last Night On Earth, Until The End Of The World and New Year's Day one after the other is much better? :hyper: My favorite and most exciting part on Popmart Mexico City and in many of the Popmart shows I have!

:bow:

I asked Edge in his first Good Morning thread about releasing Popmart on DVD and he said in the Good Evening thread that they will release remasters (and remixes, responding to my question if there would be 5.1 remixes of albums like REM has done) of previous work, so I can't wait until that happens... might be a while, but eventually :)

when UTEOTW plays when i'm driving i turn the volume full blast and there is nothing better than the opening of that song and get goosebumps all over. i can see edge jumping up and down and bono waving the towel over his head when i hear that...not necesarily the smartest thing to do when at the wheel :wink:

Last edited:
bcrt2000 said:

I asked Edge in his first Good Morning thread about releasing Popmart on DVD and he said in the Good Evening thread that they will release remasters (and remixes, responding to my question if there would be 5.1 remixes of albums like REM has done) of previous work, so I can't wait until that happens... might be a while, but eventually :)

Popmart on DVD! :drool:

The image! The sound! The feel! I hope they add a few goodies from that tour on the DVD also. Make it even better! :up:

Last edited:
This is just pure speculation, but it probably won't happen until just before the next album to hype up its release, kinda how they used U2 Go Home as a hype up DVD.. i really doubt they will release 2 dvd's for the next tour, but U2 Go Home was just so much better as a concert because of the circumstances (passing of Bono's father) that they probably felt obligated to release it

arw9797 said:

Until the End of the World and New Year's Day back to back live = a slice of heaven. :drool:

Indeed. :drool:

UTEOTW is the song that really got me addicted to The Edge's style of playing. It's an awesome song, and I'd be crushed if it wasn't played on the next tour...

Back
Top Bottom