Unreleased stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there?

Still nobody who can send me the link please??

I guess there are a lot of people who do have this link or who have made another link now?

I hope somebody can help me and send a link to c.wolbers@planet.nl,

Thank you a lot

Like wise, if someone could send me these tracks I would be forever grateful.

I am without the $499.00 it costs to buy the iPod and the $150.00 it costs to upload the "Complete U2". I would even spend the $.99 per track if Apple didn't force you to buy the album. I have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on the greatest band in the world, but I now have 3 children, a wife and Christmas is coming.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

shawn@jamiesonhilts.com

Thanks & God Bless!
:wave:

My interpretation of the article on U2log is that all of these songs are on some ptp network already.

Have any of you that are dying for these songs but can't or won't buy them looked around?

There seems to be 2 distinct trains of thought about sharing these tracks.

Those who bought the iPod and have paid a considerable amount of money for these tracks don't really see it as fair of ethical to share these tracks as they paid and others did not. While it is being done through Apple, it is still now RELEASED material and is available for purchase to the general public. In not buying this from Apple/U2 it is now illegal to share and in breach of copyright rules.

The other train of thought is that this is U2 music and ALL U2 fans should have fair access to these tracks. In putting a substantial price tag on the vehicle used to download the music....and a substantial price tage on the music itself, those fans without the financial means to purchase this "exclusive" music are left without.

This is creating a division amoungst U2 fans with and without the financial means. It is also creating an ethical dilema for those who don't want to impact the band through copyright violation but have no other choice in order to hear these unreleased songs.

The last time I checked, this was a community of fans dedicated to the perpetuation of the greatest band alive.

Once you have decided which side you are approaching this issue from, you need to remember we all share a common bond in our love of U2. Share freely, turn your back and ignore, point fingers, or report people. Do what you feel you have to do.

Before you do anything....remember why you joined in the first place. :)

Shono, you don't need the ipod to buy the songs.

The investment is USD 149.00 for the Box set. Not saying whether that is a lot or a little but you shouldn't count the cost of the ipod, since it's irrelevant.

What you do you need is to have itunes available in your country

I would buy each song for 2 bucks if they sold them individually. Heck, 5 dollars right now. But it's killing me to hear the 30 second tease on i-tunes and not the whole song. Could someone send Xanax and Wine, Smile, Love you like mad, Levitate, Flower Child and Jesus Christ to me?

Dbofilm@aol.com

ramblin rose said:
Shono, you don't need the ipod to buy the songs.

What you do you need is to have itunes available in your country

Yep,

That is a problem, as we do not have the Canadian version of the itunes store yet. It's tough for those of us in the rest of the world to politely beg for people to email us a link or email us these tracks. I have been reading other posts where people are implying that those people outside of the US who do NOT have access to these tracks have no self-control. How hypocritical is that??? When you have something, it is far too easy to pass judgment on someone else who does not. Few people here can claim to be pure on this matter. There were plenty of people on their knees when the album leaked and they had to have it. Some of those same people are now acting “Holier Than Thou” and passing judgment. The difference is that now it is AVAILABLE to the buying public. But NOT ALL OF THE BUYING PUBLIC, Canada included.

Cost is a factor. Availability is a factor.

At what point did you have to be rich or live in a specific region to be a U2 fan. Limiting the availability to those who are better off than others or live in less populated areas than others is sad and discouraging. As a U2 fan, it would be my pleasure to share and enjoy my music with others freely. Some where along the line greed seems to have been able to hide behind those same principles that disappeared when people were downloading the new album?

Again, people seem to forget the reason they joined Interference in the first place. I believe it was a mutual love for U2. Not and exclusive or regional love of U2. Perhaps I am wrong.

dbofilm said:
I would buy each song for 2 bucks if they sold them individually. Heck, 5 dollars right now. But it's killing me to hear the 30 second tease on i-tunes and not the whole song.

Agreed! I understand why they're not available individually (because they're trying to get the full $150 out of us) but had we been able to download the rare/unreleased individually there's a lot of people on this board alone that would have shelled out at least 15 bucks each already. Thanks Steve Jobs, for making it easy to be a U2 fan!

p.s. if anyone can send Flower Child, Native Son, and Sometimes (alternate version) my way I'd appreciate it. So would Steve Jobs. Thanks!

palmerba@notes.udayton.edu

If anyone is still being generous to fans who would buy these unreleased songs separately, I would appreciate links or songs as well. Why we're even arguing about something like this amazes me. We all love the music; we're not trying to steal something so we can sell it on the street!

please send to: lazarus072@aol.com

thanks

laz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom