Unreleased Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sphere

The Fly
over the years u2 has had many demos, rehearsals, soundchecks with material that has never been released. occasionally one will be reworked and turned into something great. in your opinion, which unreleased songs should they polish up and release?
here are some of my requests.
1. be there
2. wild irish rose
3. prisoner of love
4.heaven and hell
5. doctor doctor
6. sunset in colors

now, let's see yours!

I agree with you on Heaven and Hell and Sunset in Colors from Salome bootleg, but I have another one from the same source I would add to the list. Even though it?s a previous version of Who?s Gonna Ride I would like to see Morning Child/Don?t Turn Around polished and turned into something great, as you said. I?m referring to tracks 3, 4 and 5 from CD 2. I simply love them, I love some special vocals provided by Bono as well as the acoustic sound.

Another suggestion would be from the soundcheck of a JT concert in San Francisco, April 25 1987, The Joshua Tree on Fire is the name of the bootleg. I?m talking about a track named Moving Out. Promising song IMO. :up:

Last edited:
She's Gonna Blow Your House Down

(the earliest available version, not the Salome version.)

I would like to hear Down All The Days (original version of Numb, except Bono on vocals) or how about The Wanderer with Bono singing instead of Johnny Cash. We Almost Made It This Time (Prisoner Of Love) had some potential also. Although I think they did finish that song during the Sun Studio sessions, but sadly it was never released.

I actually like Wild Irish Rose as is. I just wish they would release a version without the commentary mid song.

Last edited:
Blue Room said:
I would like to hear Down All The Days (original version of Numb, except Bono on vocals) or how about The Wanderer with Bono singing instead of Johnny Cash. We Almost Made It This Time (Prisoner Of Love) had some potential also. Although I think they did finish that song during the Sun Studio sessions, but sadly it was never released.

I actually like Wild Irish Rose as is. I just wish they would release
a version without the commentary mid song.
i've heard that bono actually made a demo of the wanderer with bono singing. do you know if that is true?

Actually they made a full complete version of The Wanderer with Bono on vocals. Flood wanted to put that version on the album but Bono was adamant that the Cash version was put on Zooropa instead.

I'm a big fan of "My Time hasn't Come" or something like that. From the Joshua Tree/Rattle and Hum era. Also the earlier version of "lady with the spinning head" on Salome (I think it's titled "take me down" or one of the "wake up deadman" variations - it's on disc 3). I also liked the Salome outtake titled "laughing in the face of love" (?) - it was in the same vein as "So Cruel" with Bono singing "woman..." alot of times and an awesome line that goes "and faith my favorite drug...faith my favorite drug...I'm sick for love...sick for love".

-[z]-

Zoocifer said:
I also liked the Salome outtake titled "laughing in the face of love" (?) - it was in the same vein as "So Cruel" with Bono singing "woman..." alot of times and an awesome line that goes "and faith my favorite drug...faith my favorite drug...I'm sick for love...sick for love".

Great choice :up: That track is named Back Mask U2 in the CD I have. I like it a lot.

You know, I have been in a special mood, I could say in a Salome bootleg phase...or AB Outtakes, whatever the name you call it...maybe because of the release of the new Best Of. Am I the only one?

Tip Top Prince said:
I'm very surprised no-one else has mentioned Womanfish. It totally kicks ass baby!!

I agree!!!!! :)

Have you seen the video footage of when they performed it? Bono looks so cool! He introduces it by saying "this is a song about a mermaid" (a recurring theme...).

One of my favorite U2 songs was never released by U2, She is a Mystery to Me, writen for Roy Orbison, U2 sang it some times, but was never finished in studio.

rafmed said:
One of my favorite U2 songs was never released by U2, She is a Mystery to Me, writen for Roy Orbison, U2 sang it some times, but was never finished in studio.

I know, I love this song...........I have a few boots of them singing it live and its amazing...I always sort of thought of it as a precursor to "Sweetest Thing".

LOVE THAT SONG.

:yes:

Heaven and Hell

Something about Heaven and Hell always grabs me... I don't know if it the subject matter or the way it seems to sway....Many of you have seen the Heaven and Hell Video that I made so you know that I want it brought out in the boxed set (whenever that happens).......but on another note...
I want to hear the Zooropa versions of "If God would send his Angels", Wake Up Dead Man, and Velvet Dress. Wake up Dead man was supposed to be real gothic and a huge rock tune. I don't believe that the version on the outtakes is that song. That song was She's gonna Blow Your House Down with different words and the one on disk three was "Lady", "Fly", and "Ultraviolet". I still listen to the outtakes often because of the creative quality of the studio work.

Back
Top Bottom