Unique and Timeless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CKONE

Acrobat
Just watched the Milan 05 DVD.

U2 are unique. They are so much better than the dross that went before and that has tried to compete since. Physically they cant be around forever but the timeless nature of their tracks in sound and lyrical relevence mean that they will be around forever. Quite a legacy. Quite a phenomenon.

I am not worthy.

Of course you're worthy dude!:wink:

You're totally right. u2 occupy a unique place in music history. Their timeless and uplifting music will raise the spirits and bring a world of joy to countless people as long as the world is spinning!
U2 are the besy!!!!

One slight note though, the Milan DVD is possibly the worst U2 dvd i've ever seen, so delighted that somebody got so much joy from it. Still, the worst U2 concert is still better than most other groups best concert!

An Cat Gav said:
Of course you're worthy dude!:wink:

You're totally right. u2 occupy a unique place in music history. Their timeless and uplifting music will raise the spirits and bring a world of joy to countless people as long as the world is spinning!
U2 are the besy!!!!

One slight note though, the Milan DVD is possibly the worst U2 dvd i've ever seen, so delighted that somebody got so much joy from it. Still, the worst U2 concert is still better than most other groups best concert!
:| so what makes it "the worst DVD you have ever seen"?

presonally think if it was released in full it would compete with any U2 dvd released, just my opinion of course

Copy said:
he's just jealous because its not a london dvd.
+

What the fuck??
I'm entitled to think whatever I want about U2. I simply didn't like the Milan show. What's your F***ing problem with that?
I've seen u2 in many cities all over the world, not just London. I'm an Irishman who just happens to live in London.

I think milan had the potential to be 4th best dvd. behind R and H and UABRS and Slane. Boston and Shitcago are both poor in thine eyes. I think both were filmed before u2 hit their peak in respective tours. As for zoo tv......could just be my copy but the sound quality is attrocious. Then again.....i hav always maintained that the sound quality on all u2 albums etc is behind others of similar age

My personal opinion is that full Milan show would be the best U2 DVD. The missing war trilogy and Zoo TV encore is what really needs to be greatly captured on upcoming IMAX film.

yeah i agree with the greatness of the milano dvd, but you know, i might be not totally neutral here since i was at the show (both of 'em) and i was completely BLOWN AWAY!!! when there's a camera on, the band plays at his best..you should go to a filming concert!! :wink:

tommyvill said:
yeah i agree with the greatness of the milano dvd, but you know, i might be not totally neutral here since i was at the show (both of 'em) and i was completely BLOWN AWAY!!! when there's a camera on, the band plays at his best..you should go to a filming concert!! :wink:

Really? I've heard that most diehard-fans try to avoid the filmed shows because the setlist will be standard/boring and the band much too strenuous.

I LOVE Milan, show and audience amazing, it should have been released as a proper concert DVD. I understand the enthusiasm about this show completely. Italian audiences rock!

I didnt mean to start a debate about the DVD it just so happened that I had watched it and then felt the urge to post. Rattle & Humm cannot be beaten for sheer brilliantness imho.

Having said that I thought the editing on the Milan DVD wasa bit poor but the performances are as good as ever.Sometimes you cant make it on your own and Miss Sarejeco a week or two after the July bombings were very very good. With or Without you sneaked a tear from my eye.

Milan is good and all, but I think the best U2 DVDs will always be Sydney and Slane, in that order.

To be a good DVD, it has to be much better produced...
I just that that shitty transition they made in AIWIY and COBL... it's so... forced:|

and being honest... it has Miss Sarajevo and that bloody OOTS, but Vertigo Tour had better outdoors shows.

i think i got the meaning of the thread
here's my example:

u2 made a solid record(not best,not worst) and got first time 3 grammys and second time 5 grammys. imagine what would u2 get if they would make their best album

Back
Top Bottom