Under-appreciated Gems!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Okay, this is not supposed to have any semblance of flow cos it's pretty much chronological. I :heart: these songs. Most of these aren't appreciated enough, for some reason.

Another Time Another Place
The Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
Rejoice
With A Shout
Like A Song
Surrender
Promenade
The Unforgettable Fire
Van Dieman's Land
Hawkmoon269
Exit

Zootlesque said:
Okay, this is not supposed to have any semblance of flow cos it's pretty much chronological. I :heart: these songs. Most of these aren't appreciated enough, for some reason.

Like A Song
Surrender
Promenade
The Unforgettable Fire
Exit

Some faves of mine :drool:
and Indian summer sky
When I look at the world
Drowning Man
Ground beneath her feet
Acrobat

Zootlesque said:

The Electric Co.
Rejoice
With A Shout
Like A Song
Surrender
Promenade
The Unforgettable Fire
Van Dieman's Land
Hawkmoon269
Exit

I agree with that whole list! :yes:

Originally posted by one4u2
Indian summer sky
When I look at the world
Drowning Man
Ground beneath her feet
Acrobat

And this too!! GBHF is one of my favourite U2 songs ever and Indian Summer Sky is one of my favourites from UF.

I'd like to add Stories for Boys, Fire, Stranger in a Strange Land, Seconds, the album "Pop," New York, A Man and a Woman, and One Step Closer to the list :wink:

:drool: I love all the songs mentioned here. Some truly brilliant tracks!

Zootlesque said:

The Electric Co.
Rejoice
With A Shout
Like A Song
Surrender
Promenade
The Unforgettable Fire
Van Dieman's Land
Hawkmoon269
Exit

Electric Co. in my top 10, unforgettable fire in top 15...also add WILATW, First Time, Mothers of the Dissapeared, Stories for Boys, and Pride :reject: Yes, Im serious. Yes, it has been overplayed, yes it loses a little magic live, but it is probably the most anthemic track they ever wrote; the album version is SUPERB :drool: :drool: I think some people say they hate it just for the sake of argument (Ive been guilty of that with other songs)...or sadly, just to bitch and moan about U2 nowadays. Oh well, truly a great, and underappreciated track on this forum. :up:

I don't really HATE Pride, I think it's been overplayed, but the studio version is without a doubt classic U2 and it was one of their most important songs :up:

I love The First Time :drool:

AtomicBono said:
I don't really HATE Pride, I think it's been overplayed, but the studio version is without a doubt classic U2 and it was one of their most important songs :up:

I love The First Time :drool:

Yay!!! :rockon: :rockon:

How could I forget Love and Peace or Else???? Should be a single!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Last edited:
Re: Re: Under-appreciated Gems!

Joshua87 said:

Pride :reject: Yes, Im serious. Yes, it has been overplayed, yes it loses a little magic live, but it is probably the most anthemic track they ever wrote; the album version is SUPERB :drool: :drool: I think some people say they hate it just for the sake of argument (Ive been guilty of that with other songs)...or sadly, just to bitch and moan about U2 nowadays. Oh well, truly a great, and underappreciated track on this forum. :up:

I have to agree with you that Pride hardly ever gets any appreciation here. Too bad cos it is a great song almost ruined by radio overplay!

With my list, I tried to choose songs that are really really good but buried and almost forgotten in the albums. Why didn't I choose any 90s or new material? Cos frankly, I couldn't find any song from Achtung, Zooropa, Pop etc. that's as under-appreciated as the above songs! :reject:

U2DMfan said:
The Refugee
U2's most underrated song.

I could possibly agree with you, I love The Refugee, and I really loved it when I was a kid! ^_^

LAPOE gets a lot of appreciation here I think...and I agree it should be a single!!

Twilight
I Threw A Brick
Seconds
Like A Song
Wire
Hawkmoon 269
Love Rescue Me
Tryin' To Throw Your Hands
Ultraviolet
The Wanderer
Dirty Day
Babyface
Stuck in a Moment (underappreciated on Interfernce)
North And South Of The River
Levitate

U2DMfan said:
The Refugee
U2's most underrated song.

Underappreciated in that it is universally recognized as the worst U2 song ever recorded. Realistically it may only be like the third or 4th from the bottom.

my only two are

like a song
in god's country(if it were 5 minutes long with more verses this would be the best song on jt)

jphelmet said:

Underappreciated in that it is universally recognized as the worst U2 song ever recorded. Realistically it may only be like the third or 4th from the bottom.

It's not even universally recognized as the worst U2 song on the second side of War.

ever heard of Red Light? :wink:

Last edited:
StlElevation said:
DO YOU FEEL LOVED

that's like my favourite U2 song ever :drool:

of course i have a lot of "favourite U2 songs ever" :p

11 O'Clock Tick Tock is also my favourite U2 song ever, for example :wink:

Seconds, Exit, Wire.

I've been working backwards and discovering some great lesser-known tracks from the 80s. And then I look at the back half of War and "discover" Red Light. :mad:

New York, Do You Feel Loved (how I learned to stop worrying and love the bass), Daddy's Gonna Pay....

i thought this said under-appreciated GERMS. :reject:

i'll go with my top five favourite songs as they all seem to be rather under-appreciated here :(:

even better than the real thing, seconds, discotheque, 11 o'clock tick tock, a day without me.

Wire, ah that song's perfect when you feel pissed off (which I often do)
Hawkmoon 269
Hallelujah Here She Comes
Acrobat
Ultra Violet
Mothers of the Disappeared
Stuck in a Moment (agreeing with person who said it's underappreciated here, cos it so is)
God Part II
In A Little While
Love Is Blindness

Yeah my interpretation of underappreciated really is people outside u2 fans don't know of the songs and I don't hear them talked about as often as others!

I wrote on a list like this before but, now I changed my mind on what I feel is underappreciated, here is my new list:

"The Hands That Built America" - It is a great song, I dont know way it wasn't a hit.

"The Ground Beneath Her Feet" - Just about every U2 song on that soundtrack is underrated.

"I'm Not Your Baby" with Sinead O'Connor - This song needed to be on "Pop."

"Dancing Barefoot" - Awsome cover. Shows a bit of U2's punk roots.

"Jesus Christ" - Another cover. show's U2's love of folk music.

"When Love Comes To Town" with B.B. King - Shows U2's love of blues music. I prefer the "Live From The Kingdom Mix" to the original though.

Back
Top Bottom