under a blood red sky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00Kevin

War Child
I was wondering if anyone recently got a copy of the vhs for under a blood red sky, how they got it, and if it was worth it. I'm asking because amazon just canceled my order for it because they said none of their suppliers had it, neither barnes and nobles, best buy, or borders had it in their systems, i've seen it on ebay, but since i'm not a member on ebay i'd have to get someone else to do it for me, so i want to know is it even worth the hastle to get it.

I got mine on eBay (for $.99!!!) and I love it. It's a great early show and worth it just to see the clothes they were wearing.

You'd be a fool not to get it. It is an unbelievable show!!!!!!! A must have, IMO....and I don't say that often.

Besides, you might get lucky. I got my VHS from Ebay and it actually included 'The Electric Co' on it even though it's not listed on the track list on the box.

Phenomenal show.

one i'm not a trader and two i don't have that cover so i guess i likely don't have that version huh?

i'll let you know tonite, its in the van dvd system

edit: actually, i'll have to check the other version i have as well, i have two (one may actually be the cover you illustrated).

Last edited:
00Kevin, quite simply if you don't get it you're missing out on a hell of a lot. One of U2's greatest shows, near perfect I think complete or not. The video gets 5/5 either way.

-

I recently bought a second copy in a charity shop since it said 'The Electric Co.' on the back which I don't have on my first copy and it wasn't there!! :mad:

00Kevin said:
I was wondering if anyone recently got a copy of the vhs for under a blood red sky, how they got it, and if it was worth it. I'm asking because amazon just canceled my order for it because they said none of their suppliers had it, neither barnes and nobles, best buy, or borders had it in their systems, i've seen it on ebay, but since i'm not a member on ebay i'd have to get someone else to do it for me, so i want to know is it even worth the hastle to get it.

One could argue that this is still U2's best commercially released live video. I would definitely get it. There are only rumors that it will be put out on DVD around the 25th anniversery, so it could still be a while before it gets put on DVD. If you get it through E-bay, make sure you try and get a good copy.

gabrielvox said:
one i'm not a trader and two i don't have that cover so i guess i likely don't have that version huh?

i'll let you know tonite, its in the van dvd system

edit: actually, i'll have to check the other version i have as well, i have two (one may actually be the cover you illustrated).

If you really have the song "I Fall Down" on your video, that is the first time I have ever heard of someone having that. If that is the case, the big question is where you got your version of the complete show?

Bonochick said:
I didn't get it recently...have had it for years...but I LOVE it. :love:

Same here....it was one of those VHS tapes that I played so much.........the quality is not as good anymore.

that song at the beginning.......when you see the rain coming down..........best live concert performance ever.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom