uncool things bono has done in the past year,s.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by wertsie:

I'm not a big rap fan, but Wyclef Jean seems cool. I really like "Gone Til November." It's got soul.

Oh, and my favorite part of "New Day" is when Wyclef says, "Introducing Bono straight outta Dublin!" I don't know why. I just like it!

Have you seen the video? Bono, baby, I love ya, but that hat...uh uh! lmao...

no the best part of new day is when wyclef says 'all mah poor people sing for me now'.
bono abruptly stops singing.
biggrin.gif

i personally really like that song.

------------------
pssst: gravity pushes.

"Midnight she is on the street she cant sleep she's afraid to dream, ten years old, my spanish rose, you see things you never should have seen"

Dem some damn fine lyrics in my opinion, and I like the whole Sesame Street feel to the whole song, wicked mon! Just listened to it for the first time in ages.........and hey, are those people in the backround shouting "go bono, go bono"?

Booyakasha!

i understand Bono's reasons, but seeing him hanging out with Bill Gates for a photo-op, and that revolting Jesse Helms, Orrin Hatch, and the rest of those purile Pat Robertson/Jerry Falwell wannabes is disgusting.

Actually, the whole "we are the best band in the world" thing and the people's reaction to it sort of amused me. Personally I thought it was a tongue-in-cheek remark, but it seems that many people, fans and non-fans alike, tend to take whatever Bono says sooooo incredibly seriously. I almost think that he sometimes deliberately says stuff like that just to annoy people because he knows the reaction (and attention) it would get.

One thing that made me cringe (apart from Bono's hideous POPMart look) was his Zooropa acceptance speech. I just don't buy this idea that rock stars swearing on TV somehow makes them mega-cool "rebels".

I always thought that Bono's a bit of a dork, to be honest, but hey, I still love him and his lack of fear of being uncool,
smile.gif

Originally posted by U2live:
i understand Bono's reasons, but seeing him hanging out with Bill Gates for a photo-op, and that revolting Jesse Helms, Orrin Hatch, and the rest of those purile Pat Robertson/Jerry Falwell wannabes is disgusting.
I think Bono is cool. I think Orrin Hatch is cool. Why shouldn't they be cool together?

Originally posted by Saracene:
I always thought that Bono's a bit of a dork, to be honest, but hey, I still love him and his lack of fear of being uncool,
smile.gif

Some chick in my lit class called him that a couple weeks ago, and I wanted to throttle her!

I don't mind people saying "fuck." Heck, I say it on occasion...But people cheering when people say it is just moronic, imho...One of the parts that irks me in the Boston DVD is that when Bono is talking about how he felt "really fucked up" in Albany, the crowd went nuts! okay...so you think it's cool that he felt lousy? No....they thought it was cool that he said "fuck." Sheesh.

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

wrong thread.

[This message has been edited by 80sU2isBest (edited 04-06-2002).]

I don't have a problem with him "hanging" with Republicans (although I would definitely consider myself a Democrat!). Whatever he feels he needs to do to get the job done...But the point is that he CARES and that CAN'T be a bad thing.

------------------

Bono has done nothing uncool in the last year. Maybe longer ago than that, but not in the last year. I am stunned at the amount of people who condemn people for their political leanings, especially those who tilt to the left and claim to be 'open minded' yet close their minds to all views but their own and all those who believe them. It's like there is a set agenda of stuff you have to believe, or you refuse to accept the person. Thank goodness Bono isn't that way. He respects everyone, and in his own words, doesn't 'tar them all with the same brush.' Bono is the COOLEST.

------------------
SHE WANTED THE HIGHWAY, SHE'S HAPPIER THERE, TODAY!

Being "uncool" is, in my opinion, the coolest thing anyone can aspire to be.

Be uncool, yes be awkward. That lyric has really caught a lot of people's attention, for good reason. Why do we have to go through life worrying about what's cool? What's wrong with being uncool and awkward. Most of us really are that way anyway, why try to be something else.

Why do some people hold Bono up to a standard of cool?

Where the Shhhhreets Have No Name
wink.gif

Why did he sing it like that anyway?

biggrin.gif

------------------
In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry, and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams (The Restaurant at the End of the Universe)

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
Being "uncool" is, in my opinion, the coolest thing anyone can aspire to be.

Be uncool, yes be awkward. That lyric has really caught a lot of people's attention, for good reason. Why do we have to go through life worrying about what's cool? What's wrong with being uncool and awkward. Most of us really are that way anyway, why try to be something else.

Why do some people hold Bono up to a standard of cool?

Exactly! This is one of the MANY reasons that Bono (and the rest of the band, for that matter!) inspires me so much. "Be uncool, yes, be awkward" is just, imho, another way of saying, "be yourself!" Who gives a rat's arse what anyone else thinks? If youre happy with yourself, screw them!

------------------

Originally posted by Badyouken:
Where the Shhhhreets Have No Name
wink.gif

Why did he sing it like that anyway?

biggrin.gif

I love it when he goes "shhhhhh"....
It's a family joke for us, we do it sometimes too.
biggrin.gif

And the phrase "Be uncool, yes be awkward" comes to mind too.
And who or what determines what's cool or uncool?
I admire those who are true to themselves and follow their hearts, in despite of other's opinions.

i do like the song but not the idea.ya i cant spell buhooo. its actually cool that bono goes in the white house to get some help. but one thing i have found out that some of you are in to very shity music like old fart music.i still have to find out how a person can like a great punk rock/(slash)rock band as u2 and then like shity music as some of you have pointed out we realy have to get some real rock music in you head.(note)this is not a stab at any one
smile.gif

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK&ROLL HIGH SCHOOL.
THE RAMONES

Originally posted by bono-vox:
Who can say whats cool and whats not cool?

Anyhoo I dont think this is very "uncool" of bono but i think he made a mistake when he grew that mullet......bring back short haired POPMART bono
biggrin.gif

Nope, that skinned head was the stupidest, biggest most uncool mistake he ever made. I would've posted it as the most uncool thing he had ever done, but I couldn't because it wasn't in the last year. (Thank GOD!) The longer hair is cool, and it's no 'mullet.' He looked like a rock star during Elevation, not some geek. Even if it were a mullet it looks a damn site better than that creepy sweaty armpit stubble looking shaved head he had during POP *cringe*

I see no mullet. I see a man with short hair. Too short for me. But cute.
wink.gif

mdf150812.jpg

Why the f*ck does everything have to come back to Bono's hair anyway??

------------------
"I DO go on, don't I?"-Bono, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 04-08-2002).]

Stormy love...chill yer boots!

I just tink that short haired Bono was lovely.....it was a nice change..he looked like a rock star with short hair too
wink.gif

Well thank GOD and Bono he changed back. I think Ali is on my side LOL.
wink.gif
IMO, a rock star needs some hair to shake around. POP wasn't short hair, it was non-existent hair, stubble. Short hair is illustrated in the pic I posted. That is not at all long. If you don't like hair, there are 3 others in the band to look at. Gimme a head with HAIR!

Gulp, sorry, back to politics.

------------------

Speaking of politics, when is he going to Africa with Sec. O'Neill? It was supposed to be March, but March is over. Now I hear this month but when?

Yes, I care about his cause and have given it my support!

Yes, I want the photo op pics to post on PLEBA.

At least I am totally honest.
biggrin.gif

------------------

Who can say whats cool and whats not cool?

Anyhoo I dont think this is very "uncool" of bono but i think he made a mistake when he grew that mullet......bring back short haired POPMART bono
biggrin.gif

I like his hair now, but Popmart was good too. I remember at first I really didn't like POPMART Bono, but after seeing them in concert, it was FINE with me.

Mullets are evil. Death to mullets! heehee

------------------

Mullets are evil. Death to mullets! heehee

I like mullets! Mullet bashing is just as bad as Pop bashing. I really cannot understand the anti-mulletness, I think it's just become a fad to bash them, and that's sad.

(((((HUGS MULLET BONO))))))

my cute sweet baby
smile.gif

------------------

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
I like mullets! Mullet bashing is just as bad as Pop bashing. I really cannot understand the anti-mulletness, I think it's just become a fad to bash them, and that's sad.

(((((HUGS MULLET BONO))))))

my cute sweet baby
smile.gif

Uh uh. Nope. I have NEVER been one of those people to do something just because everybody else does. I bash mullets because they LOOK STUPID!!!

ick...I remember this boy that was in my class in 2nd and third grade. He had short hair on top and then this really long tail down his back. eew! eew!

------------------

Uh uh. Nope. I have NEVER been one of those people to do something just because everybody else does. I bash mullets because they LOOK STUPID!!!

ick...I remember this boy that was in my class in 2nd and third grade. He had short hair on top and then this really long tail down his back. eew! eew!

We all have our own opinions, but this sexy, gorgeous man does not LOOK STUPID!

__hr_liveaidbono-1.jpg

This man LOOKS STUPID

bono_124.jpg

What the hell is this, a rubber chicken? *cringe* ew! ew!

Yes, I stated my opinion as fact, but so did you. No one really should.

I do agree that the rattail(what you described the kid in your class as having) was bad fad.

------------------

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 04-09-2002).]

Yaaaaaay wertsie and Stormy quit yer whinin mullet-less Bono is the best...
biggrin.gif

Again, opinion stated as fact. I disagree, but we all like what we like. Can't we all just leave it at that before this gets any lamer? Nothing to see here, let's move along. We need to get a life or something!

------------------

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
Again, opinion stated as fact. I disagree, but we all like what we like. Can't we all just leave it at that before this gets any lamer? Nothing to see here, let's move along. We need to get a life or something!

Sorry Stormy. Not a big fan of those muscle shirts either, btw. Eek! But Bono with his black shirt on an mirrorall pants...Take me home, daddy!

Don't kill me, but...

det1.jpg

THAT'S the stuff! hehehe

------------------

[This message has been edited by wertsie (edited 04-08-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom