Um...Pop Up Video Question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I noticed that in vh1's Pop Up Video for NYD, they said that there are four women on the horses instead of the band members...But I heard somewhere else that Edge is the only one who didn't ride, and they had a girl to replace him. Which is correct?

Also, it seems like I've seen other Pop Ups that didn't seem quite right, but I can't remember what they were right now!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

[This message has been edited by wertsie (edited 04-19-2002).]

Originally posted by wertsie:
Edge is the only one who didn't ride, and they had a girl to replace her. Which is correct?

typo?
biggrin.gif

Pop-Up Video is probably correct, for two reasons:

1. They check their facts.

2. The band has to approve what it says.

So yeah, I'd say they were four Swedish girls.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Come on wisdom tooth, don't fail me now!

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:

What crack?

Bono is running through the tunnel with (shock) his mouth gaping open and he's flaling all over and it's in super slow motion. They do a pop up about how the band has never done charity for the Special Olympics or something. It's all in the timing.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Come on wisdom tooth, don't fail me now!

I know in the WOWY video, they said that the woman whose various body parts appear throughout the video was indeed our own soon-to-be Mrs Edge Morleigh...I wondered on the correctness of that, as I'd heard it nowhere else (not even Flanagan mentioned it). Are you sure the facts have to be okayed by the band? If so, that is an interesting thing!

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

Originally posted by Angell:
I know in the WOWY video, they said that the woman whose various body parts appear throughout the video was indeed our own soon-to-be Mrs Edge Morleigh...I wondered on the correctness of that, as I'd heard it nowhere else (not even Flanagan mentioned it). Are you sure the facts have to be okayed by the band? If so, that is an interesting thing!

Yeah, that's the other one I was questioning. I thought it was really odd because I had heard it nowhere before either...hmmm...

------------------

Originally posted by Angell:

Well, I don't know if that's true or not. But I love the part in WOWY when they talk about how the director wanted to creat a "dreamlike feel" to the video. Then the point to Larry with a caption that simply says "Dreamy". Hee hee! Indeed.
biggrin.gif

hmmm...I was looking at my copy of "U2: The Complete Encyclopedia" the other day, and this is what I found:

1. When talking about the WOWY, it makes no mention of Morleigh being an extra.

2. It says that Edge had problems with his horse for the NYD video so they had to get a Swedish girl to replace him.

------------------

They're not always correct they even said so during the big Pop Up Video Anniversary Show.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

hmmm...I was looking at my copy of "U2: The Complete Encyclopedia" the other day, and this is what I found:

1. When talking about the WOWY, it makes no mention of Morleigh being an extra.

2. It says that Edge had problems with his horse for the NYD video so they had to get a Swedish girl to replace him.

Acutally, there's a lot of errors in that book, so that's probably not the most reliable source, either. I know, I know. That doesn't help.
tongue.gif

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
Acutally, there's a lot of errors in that book, so that's probably not the most reliable source, either. I know, I know. That doesn't help.
tongue.gif

Ah, rats! In the intro of the book, the guy says how it consumed him for like 3 years or something. The least the guy could do is get the facts right! arg!

But I KNOW I've heard the thing about Edge elsewhere. I just wish I could remember where!

------------------

Ah, rats! In the intro of the book, the guy says how it consumed him for like 3 years or something. The least the guy could do is get the facts right! arg!

Yeah, I was a little annoyed when I got the book and discovered that the United Center was not in Chicago, IL but in Chicago, MI. How dare they move the city without telling me???
wink.gif

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
Yeah, I was a little annoyed when I got the book and discovered that the United Center was not in Chicago, IL but in Chicago, MI. How dare they move the city without telling me???
wink.gif

Tocoma, Wisconsin?!?!? Let's try Tacoma, Washington doofus!
He thanked his son for proofreading the book...two examples why 7 year olds shouldn't proofread books!

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
Tocoma, Wisconsin?!?!? Let's try Tacoma, Washington doofus!
He thanked his son for proofreading the book...two examples why 7 year olds shouldn't proofread books!

His 7-year-old proofread his book? Scary!

Yep, methinks I should write a U2 book!!!

------------------

His 7-year-old proofread his book? Scary!

Yep, methinks I should write a U2 book!!!

Well, I hope his son isn't 7, but for errors like that,it would be embarassing to be an adult and make mistakes like that....
I'd bet good money his son is 30, and can't spell proofread, let alone acutally proofread something....

Back
Top Bottom