Ultimate Mash-Ups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eviltwin

The Fly
With Linkin Park vs. Jay-Z on high rotation, I couldn't help but thinking what Hiphop great to match with U2? Granted they have done rock mash-ups' with Robbie Robertson, Blues with BB, folkrock with Dylan...gospel, soul...countless remixes with dance greats, they even got on the good side of Sinatra, but there is a gaping hole in metal-land or hiphop country. Jay-Z (/w Beyonce) has been to Bono's pad in IR, but did he make a stop at Hannover Quay?

post your views on who gets to rub shoudlers with the boys, if Bono's Maser needs pimpin' or if Edge's old beetle gets blinged out. I'm sure Adam could donate an Aston Martin for the video...and Larry a Harley.

(if anyone thinks this is a completely nuts suggestion, REM had KRS-one guest on one of their songs 13 years ago...not a classic mash-up, but anyway)

I don't think that u2 would go very well with hip hop. The closest thing you could get would be the pop years....but thats only cos they used samples.

If you ask me the Linken Park people are milking that hybrid throey album to the max... it was ok until they started rapping all through it - can't they think up anything new?

steak said:
If you ask me the Linken Park people are milking that hybrid throey album to the max... it was ok until they started rapping all through it - can't they think up anything new?

Nope - that's just their whack ass style. And they've been pushing it on several records since Hybrid Theory.

As for my U2 mashup idea...This will probably make me widly unpopular, but I would want to see U2 and the White Stripes. I loved U2 with BB King. Blues is :up:

Back
Top Bottom