UK's favourite song: One @ 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thelaj

Refugee
* UK's favourite song: One @ 4

This has already been posted in the news section, but I don't know how many of you look there. This is from BBC reporting on a poll of 7000 listeners to Virgin Radio on the UK's favourite song. Full details at
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4571080.stm

1. Imagine - John Lennon
2. Hey Jude - Beatles
3. Let It Be - Beatles
4. One - U2
5. Angels - Robbie Williams
6. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
7. Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
8. Every Breath You Take - The Police
9. Hotel California - The Eagles
10. You're Beautiful - James Blunt

Should be No.1!!!

But James Blunt makes a mockery out of this list - god, I hate that song.

I can't believe that is there, its a total mockery of good music. Its been out for what, 6 months? That isn't enough time to make a judgement.

I'm always surprised so many people know about U2's One and think it is so good. I was under the impression it was a niche song.

Interesting, i think One was # 2 last year. Here's U2's other songs on the list :

# 500 - Even Better...
# 332 - Angel Of Harlem
# 342 - Sweetest Thing
# 317 - Unforgettable Fire
# 288 - Beautiful Day
# 84 - Vertigo
# 66 - Pride
# 48 - ISHFWILFD
? # 47 - # 11 ?
# 4 - One

There must be 6 others between #'s 47 & 11 which, i think, is better than last year. In fact i don't think they've ever had 8 in the top 50 ! Has anyone got the other 6 ?

Last edited:
... just found the others (didn't look too carefully the 1st time) :

# 15 - WOWY
# 105 - Streets
# 138 - Sunday...
# 167 - NYD
# 302 - Sometimes...
# 466 - Desire

Last edited:
U2 have done well on that list then

And yeah, James C*nt ruins that list. Actually, I have his album and its not too bad, but please, that is NOT the 10th greatest song ever! HAHAHA!

Hey is that Robbie Williams song really THAT good? Maybe because I live in the states, I have never heard it, if I recall correctly. Is he just uber popular across the "pond" because he hasn't had a hit over here in forever. :huh:

Someone post a link so I can listen. :D

Just done a bit more research & last year U2 had the 2nd most songs of any artist on this list with 17 & One WAS # 2. Beatles were top again but only with 22 songs.

catlhere said:
Hey is that Robbie Williams song really THAT good?

Nope. And it got shoved down my throat since MTV2 was all over the guy for about a year. Luckily, he never gained a following here in the states.

good top 4. wtf is robbie in that list for & blunt. otherwise not bad. hasnt robbie had his day yet. glad we dont see to much of him in canada.

Windmilllane said:
Spice Girls were robbed. The should have at least five songs in the top 10.
5 members of Spice Girls > 4 members of U2

I agree, recount!!! :mad:

GIRL POWER! (not a girl)

Good to see One up there, James Idiot Blunt and Robbie shouldn't be up there IMO, and where's Led Zep? :wink:

Man I hate James Blunt :mad:

Back
Top Bottom