Uh Oh-Look At U2's 'Competition' During Super Bowl Halftime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
rolleyes.gif

December 17, 2001
Condensed from Variety:

Monday December 17

NBC readies Playmates for Bowl battle
By Josef Adalian

HOLLYWOOD (Variety) - NBC will pit Playboy Playmates against pigskin with a special
Super Bowl Sunday edition of the network's red-hot reality series "Fear Factor."

In a bid to steal away some of Fox's Super thunder, NBC plans to broadcast a two-part,
80-minute edition of "Fear Factor" during halftime and immediately after Fox's Feb. 4
Super Bowl broadcast. The episode will feature six Playboy Playmates competing for coin
in the controversial game show's usual assortment of gross-out stunts and dares. Past
stunts have had people eating buffalo testicles or being dropped in a rat pit.

The first 20 minutes will be timed to coincide with the beginning of halftime festivities,
which will include a live performance by U2. The remainder of the show will be seen at 10
p.m. EST -- about the same time Fox plans to air a special star-packed, hourlong edition
of Emmy-winning comedy "Malcolm in the Middle."

Yeah-Ok-what will you guys on here watch now?
wink.gif

Well, at least they won't be go-go dancing while U2 performs. They'll be far from them on another channel.
smile.gif

------------------
"I sometimes get the odd twinge that I wouldn't mind playing lead guitar, just like a couple of notes, but that's about as near as I would want to get to the front." -Larry

Sorry but I'm not a lesbian so not interested in half naked women with fake breasts. Besides, Bono is much cooler. But could you imagine his centerfold layout....

Bono, 41, Mr. December
Turn-ons: puppies, the Pope
Turn-offs: Third World debt

Originally posted by sharky:
Sorry but I'm not a lesbian so not interested in half naked women with fake breasts. Besides, Bono is much cooler. But could you imagine his centerfold layout....

Bono, 41, Mr. December
Turn-ons: puppies, the Pope
Turn-offs: Third World debt

LOL!!!

------------------
"I sometimes get the odd twinge that I wouldn't mind playing lead guitar, just like a couple of notes, but that's about as near as I would want to get to the front." -Larry

I think NBC really is lowering it's standards. Did you recently hear about them allowing hard liquor ad's to be aired on their network?

Recently a late night talk show host made a joke about it saying "Fox will retaliate by airing commercials for crack"

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

My bad. Actually it was weekend update on SNL that made the joke about the NBC hard liquor ad's.

At least they can make fun of themselves.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by zonelistener:

What's next? CBS - a Topless Survivor?
From the previews it seems we're almost getting that this Thursday. They showed "Big Tom" bathing "little Kim" in the preview.

NBC must be getting desperate. Last week on Friends they had Joey and Rachel consider sleeping together.
tongue.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
NBC must be getting desperate. Last week on Friends they had Joey and Rachel consider sleeping together.
tongue.gif

What about when they were so desperate to beat Survivor that they had Rachel and her friend, played by Winona Ryder, kiss each other?
rolleyes.gif

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

tongue.gif

Originally posted by Gina Marie:

What about when they were so desperate to beat Survivor that they had Rachel and her friend, played by Winona Ryder, kiss each other?
rolleyes.gif

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

tongue.gif

Gina that was done after the minds behind 'Friends' and Jennifer Aniston decided they wanted to explore Rachel's character deeper. An obvious place to start would be her sexuality. The scene was shot in a graceful manner and was only included for it's artistic effect.

------------------
we are no closer than we were yesterday.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
Gina that was done after the minds behind 'Friends' and Jennifer Aniston decided they wanted to explore Rachel's character deeper. An obvious place to start would be her sexuality. The scene was shot in a graceful manner and was only included for it's artistic effect.

Ok, you're right-I forgot.
wink.gif

PS-your post cracked me up.
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom