U2tour.de says City of blinding lights is the next single in Europe!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw that coming.

Though I wonder why not 23 May ...

beli said:

The radio will start playing the song on the 23rd May but the single will be available for purchase on the 13th June

2006 :|

'Available for purchase', so they say ... don't even think about how long it will take to get a copy via Wombat Courier across the Nullarbor to you.

Axver said:

'Available for purchase', so they say ... don't even think about how long it will take to get a copy via Wombat Courier across the Nullarbor to you.

:mad: I did eventually get the Sometimes DVD but it didn't have the Dads pic on the back :sad:

The Vertigo video with the black smoke coming out their bottoms.

Thats a point. What will be on the City of Blinding Lights DVD? Sometimes video? or All Because of You video?

And what of Miracle Drug....... i hate to see it miss out. hopefully if they do decide to go ahead with a fifth single, that will be the choice......

poor city.....................to make it pass over the radio hums it will be cut at least of 2 minutes! hope for a new mix, but miracle drug must be a single a time or the other.

I can't believe they went with ABOY as a single at the cost of either Miracle Drug or COBL. I like ABOY, but I love MD and COBL, and would have liked to have seen both released as a single. But if I had to choose one of the two, it would be COBL.

beau2ifulday said:
No surprises.
Radio edit, here we come!

The radio edit is awful and doesn't do the song justice.

It's been played a million times on Sydney radio over past few weeks so it won't chart if it's still 2 months away from being available in the shops. Like SYCMIOYO (also played for 2 months before release date), casual listeners will be sick of it by June.

I still don't see what the need for a radio edit is. They're effing U2, the world's biggest rock band that have been around for 25 years. You'd think that they could release a single that's a tad longer than most. :eyebrow:

Plus, it's not as if I hadn't heard the full Streets played on the classic rock station countless times. COME ON, U2. I don't want a crappy single version. :huh:

Waddya think?
:wink:

cobl-front.jpg

cobl-back.jpg

If it airs May 23rd it'll be tough to go to the #1 slot since Coldplay's Speed of Sound starts audio play on the 23rd.

shaun vox said:
not a good single!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'd say that about any HTDAAB song, though. How'd you like it if they released Zoo Station as a single tomorrow?

well it was quite booring LIVE!!!

its an alright song! but a single:huh:

original of the species needs to be their next single!!!!!!!

they also need to play it live!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i love this song!!!!!!!!!!!!

the vocals are very good on this track too! guitars are great also!!!!!!! great melody!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Well Shaun Vox I'm glad you like one song on the new album!!!!!!

But it's not as good as Slash is it!!!!!!

:rockon:

I find it both surprising and amusing that shaun vox continues to post here in the WTAHAN forum when he clearly hates the new U2.

Hey Shaun, they played You Could Be Mine on the radio today! :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom