U2tour.de recieved single release dates for the Vertigo single formats from Universal - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2004, 04:38 AM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:48 PM
U2tour.de recieved single release dates for the Vertigo single formats from Universal

-Maxi CD (8.11.)

1. Vertigo - Single Version
2. Vertigo - Jacknife Lee 10" Mix
3. Neon Lights

-DVD Single (15.11.)

1. Vertigo - Live at HQ
2. Vertigo - Photo Gallery
3. Are You Gonna Wait Forever?
4. Vertigo - Jacknife Lee 10" Mix - Lisbon Video

-3" Pock It CD (22.11.)

1. Vertigo - Single Version
2. Are You Gonna Wait Forever?

-12" Vinyl (15.11.)

1. Vertigo - Jacknife Lee 12" Mix
2. Vertigo - Jacknife Lee 7" Mix
3. Vertigo - Jacknife Lee 10" Mix
4. Vertigo - Jacknife Lee Instrumental

Old 09-09-2004, 04:49 AM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 12:18 AM
I think they should have released 'Are you gonna wait forever' on the very first release of the Vertigo single IMO (8.11). I don't think Neon Lights will go well on the single which most people will buy because it's the first one out.

P.S. Is Jacknife Lee a chick or what?

Old 09-09-2004, 04:52 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:48 PM
I know! I'll have to wait till 22 November now...I will listen to Neon lights at the CD store but I am most likely only getting the version that is to be released last. I think it's good that we get 2 B-sides though, maybe ATYCLB was a good sign in that we will get more new songs on singles in the future.

I wish they'd put Neon lights and are you gonna wait forever on one CD, all the millions of remixes on a second CD, and then put out the DVD with the photo gallery and HQ and Lisbon video and who knows what else.

Jacknife Lee is a DJ and if I'm not mistaken, a guy.

*edit* Even thought it's only been released in US, I liked how they put all the B-sides, acoustic version of Stuck, single version of Walk on plus two remixes on "7", so you only buy 1 CD and you get everything : B-sides, alternative versions and remixes.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:05 AM   #4
War Child

Local Time: 08:48 AM
I have a feeling this is one thing that is going to piss me off about u2 this time around. Don't get me wrong I love the band, etc... but I kind of feel they are getting a little out of touch with the realities of the everyday person. This is an obvious ploy to extract the maximum amount of cash from their fans and I really think it sad U2 are allowing the label to take advantage of their fans this way. You can say it's all business, blah blah but you know what? Fuck that- that is no excuse anymore for greed and taking advantage of people. There never was- but if U2 really are so morally and ethically high-road as we all like to believe they are, then they should set an example.

My heart only cringes at what they have in store for concert ticket prices....
Old 09-09-2004, 05:11 AM   #5
Refugee

Local Time: 12:18 AM
actually I agree with you elfyx, I never thought U2 would do something like this, it does seem like they are ripping of their fans. Who should we blame, the label or U2? Even though I will buy all 3 versions, I do feel like I'm being taken advantage of. As for concert ticket prices, I would do anything to see U2 in real life and I would by upwards of $300 AUS dollars ($180 U.S) to see them live, I don't give a fuck about price to see them live.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:10 AM   #6
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by elfyx
I have a feeling this is one thing that is going to piss me off about u2 this time around. Don't get me wrong I love the band, etc... but I kind of feel they are getting a little out of touch with the realities of the everyday person. This is an obvious ploy to extract the maximum amount of cash from their fans and I really think it sad U2 are allowing the label to take advantage of their fans this way. You can say it's all business, blah blah but you know what? Fuck that- that is no excuse anymore for greed and taking advantage of people. There never was- but if U2 really are so morally and ethically high-road as we all like to believe they are, then they should set an example.

I completely agree.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:12 AM   #7
Refugee

Local Time: 08:48 AM
I hope we're not heading into Discotheque 87 remixes of one song territory. Give a single with either the album version, single version or one remixed version - but for the love of God, give us b-sides!!! I want more songs by U2 -- even if they're cover songs. Oh, and while I'm on the subject, don't you think the title 'Are You Gonna Wait Forever?' is directed to the fans? Like, "We can release this album in 2024 and you'd wait for it, tee hee." Cheeky bastards!
Old 09-09-2004, 02:31 PM   #8
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by elfyx

ditto. 7000 versions=PowerSurge going broke
Old 09-09-2004, 08:35 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:48 AM
I also agree elfyx, unfortunately. I'm not even sure I can see U2 on this tour, guessing by the way things have been turning out. Why can't a song just be a song anymore?
Old 09-09-2004, 08:39 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:48 AM
Single version? Oh man I hope that they don't butcher the song too much. But maybe that means that the album verion of the song is of 5 minutes or more.... that would be great.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:44 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:48 AM
I agree with Elfyx, Aussie, Martha and Power Surge - this is taking advantage of loyal fans everywhere and it pisses me off. I hope they at least put all this stuff on iTunes so I can just buy the real b-sides without having to pay for remixes I have no interest in.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:14 PM   #12
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:48 AM
Bah, why can't they just scrap the remixes and release Vertigo/AYGWF/Neon Lights on one CD?

Oh well, I guess all of the different versions will look pretty good on my shelf ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-09-2004, 11:24 PM   #13
Gunslinger

Local Time: 06:48 AM
These cd/dvd singles they put out will only amount to 20 bucks (for all of them combined) at most for me here in Canada ($20 Cdn too!). I don't know, I really don't have a problem. However, if i did live south, I would be upset. From what I hear, each disc is like $10 US. That $30 US would mean something close to $50 Cdn.! There would be no way I'd get them all.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:16 AM   #14
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:48 AM
We in the States don't get singles from U2. We have to pay import prices. And even at domestic prices, all these slightly different versions are really just a money-grab. Whether it's a grab from the label or the artist, I don't want to think about. But I think I know who needs a new Maserati.
Old 09-10-2004, 08:38 AM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:48 AM
Oh quit cryin' about all this. At some point all of these songs will be available for download. If you don't want to buy all the singles don't buy them.

And yes ticket prices will be high. Higher than last time, no doubt, but not all of the tickets will be that expensive and U2 always looks out for their fans as far as price is concerned.

Please remember U2 is not blink-182 or Green Day, they are the most popular band in the world, and their production is enormous. You will get a great show for the $$$ you pay. And if you are lucky enough to get through to your favorite ticket place you'll get affordable seats....but that is not a guarantee.