U2tour.de posts a review of Popmart DVD - Easter eggs are there again !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"All kinds of everything" : In the "documentary aisle" klick on the surveillance camera. Apparently this is U2 doing caraoke version of Ireland's Eurovision contest song from 1970.

"What's not in the shopping basket" game: several objects go by on the screen and later you have to name all the objects. For this egg, click on "checkout" in "Bonus aisle" menu.

"Virtual stage tour": mix of graphics and construction scenes of the stage.

"Please live mural cut", same as the one from the 1990's Best of DVD.

Edit: the review is mostly about the sound and picture of the DVD, which are both improved compared to the DVD, much like the Zoo TV DVD. (possible slight pixelation at close ups and slightly less sharp picture at the shots of the stage)

Bonus tracks:

4 songs from Rotterdam and Edmonton, great picture and sound.

Lemon for sale is a witty commercial movie for the lemon. Mostly out of known Popmart era interviews but some nice backstage shots.

Road to Sarajevo: NOT the same as the one on Best of DVD. More interviews, Streets and EBTTRT footage.

A tour of the tour: P. McGuiness shows us a look around of the production on the first day in Europe in Rotterdam. Backstage shots, short bits of live shows and various interviews, including Dallas Schoo and Sebastian Clayton. Our Paul comes across as nice and relaxed - something we se less in the new millenium!

LNOE: basically a Making of. Very few interviews, some unused scenes.

STAS : the Morleigh directed video, same as the one from the Best of.

LNOE video: a remix. Cool colors, but yet another remix. A low point on a otherwise well done DVD.

Popmart tour visuals: graphics, animation, fan perspective etc a look at a Popmart show, as compiled by Catherine Owens. With poweful live sound.

Last edited:
U2girl said:
"All kinds of everything" : In the "documentary aisle" klick on the surveillance camera. Apparently this is U2 doing caraoke version of Ireland's Eurovision contest song from 1970.

:eyebrow:

499882.jpg
:

"All kinds of everything" shows a pair flirting in Dublin - some U2 sights and somehow environment protection is also a theme. Terrible sound and awful video for this caraoke. If you thought Larry's caraoke skills are bad, you will stand corrected. This Easter egg could have been scrapped.

Zooropean103 said:
Great, I've been waiting for their review, but is the english version available yet?

unfortunately we haven´t the english version yet :(

we hope to have it soon. but i hope you enjoy the pictures and info about the easter eggs.

The DVD looks bloody amazing and way better than Sydney

But to repeat Extras is a crime

and BTW Great Work again u2tour.de

U2girl said:

"What's not in the shopping basket" game: several objects go by on the screen and later you have to name all the objects. For this egg, click on "checkout" in "Bonus aisle" menu.

"Virtual stage tour": mix of graphics and construction scenes of the stage.

"Please live mural cut", same as the one from the 1990's Best of DVD.

I watched the second disc today, and I found the "What's not in the shopping basket" Easter egg but none of the others.

How do I click the camera in the documentary aisle ? I tried pressing up, down, left and right and nothing worked.

And did anyone acess the Virtual stage tour and Please live cut ?

edited: Is it just me or was Bono very FIT on the tour ?

Last edited:
POPmart DVD is great...U2 with balls!!!:up: :rockon:
but i have some bad news too... some of the DVDs released in germany have some 'sunk spots' (defects) mainly on SBS & BTBS (mexico) and HMTMKMKM from edmonton (bonus dvd) :sad:

Catman said:
I wish they put A Year in POP on there :(

I think a lot of us would have liked "A year in Pop" doc on there. As well as a Miami live version. What I can't understand is the "First Night in hell mix" of LNOE. What the fuc#s that all about. To me it has nothing to do with U2 and I for one cannot hear any of the original song in that remix. Total waste of DVD space.

I don't understand easter eggs...why not just include it as proper content available to everybody?
Sure, it "rewards" those who look, but still seems silly to me, like hidden bonus tracks on albums.

Honestly it's good to have U2 even acknowledging this point in there careers any more, let alone celebrating it so openly. I'm surprised we ever saw this DVD, the way they've been acting...

U2girl said:
I watched the second disc today, and I found the "What's not in the shopping basket" Easter egg but none of the others.

How do I click the camera in the documentary aisle ? I tried pressing up, down, left and right and nothing worked.

I'm doing this from memory, but if that one serves me right you can access it by doing the following:
In the screen where you can select the Live From Rotterdam and Live From Edmonton videos, press < when you're at the Live From Rotterdam option. You might notice that the camera has slightly changed. Then click OK. If this does not work, just rotate among the choices and look where the pointer is. Once it seems like it has disappeared, you're probably at the camera Easter egg.

And did anyone acess the Virtual stage tour and Please live cut ?

Play the "What's Not In The Shopping Basket" game. When you've won 2 games (in a row) you get the option of going for round 3 or taking the Virtual Stage Tour. If you win round 3, then you can see the Please live cut.

:)

P.S. The Virtual Stage Tour is a slightly longer version of the EPK (electronic press kit) that was released in early 1997. Of course, it has much better sound and video quality, but this is what we were drooling/whining about until 25 April 1997, when the real thing was revealed to the world. Ah, the good old days... :D

Thanks, I figured out all the Eggs today.

I'll try clicking < at the Rotterdam songs, so I don't have to get to the karaoke song via computer each time.

I was stuck in the "memory" game for quite some time last night, before I finally figured it out and managed to make both rounds. I came to the Karaoke thing per coincidence, I don't think I know yet how you really get there, I just pushed the < > buttons of my remote control like crazy when the "documentary aisle" appeared, and there it was. Watched all the documentaries as well and liked the backstage tour in particular. But the menu is giving me major headaches, it changes much too fast for me in order to figure out anything.

I don't think I can give a proper review of the Disc I concert, since I'm not a particular fan of the PopMart tour, just got the DVD out of curiosity :reject: - but the visuals, crowd shots are really breath taking, plus I LOVED Staring at the Sun and Please. I feel sorry for Bono because of how he's struggling with his voice. I don't like the fade out to WADM in the end, wish they'd done more closeups with that song, but in general I have found myself feeling quite depressed with the show ending this particular way.

Back
Top Bottom