U2's Thirteenth Album: Aimless Uncertainty?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Iovine cheered on Bomb 1.0 release.

Didn't happen.

He also loved Every breaking wave which has yet to be released.

Let's not go crazy over his influence.

Tedder guy is just the extra guy on the last production tweakings, like Epworth. No one said they're writing together.

I thought Iovine told them that Bomb wasn't good enough, that it wasn't commercial enough.

There was actually a Adam/Larry veto, a mere two times in their history. Not really your typical tyrant drummer.

Funny with a vote this powerful somehow they managed to slip by entire 90's past him.

What were the two vetoes? They wanted to work more on Bomb, right? And the other one?

looks to me like they're the best of pals

1389474979000-XXX-BEATS-MUSICreznor-lovine-1355.jpg

:lol:

One Republic are indeed much better than William, but that's not saying much. It's like saying you'd rather bang your aunt than your mom.

Yeah. It's relative. No pun intended.

haha

--

tried to take some time away from here for a bit after everyone basically spent a few days having another forum's argument :wink: but this is a promising bit of news, would be great if this was all a big worry over nothing and we saw the album in the next few months.

but i honestly hate the idea that they've gone to Epworth/Tedder with the aim of making the album (or even just a few tracks) super radio friendly.

it'd be really strange if the Danger Mouse stuff makes it to the album intact then you just get this handful of songs sticking out like warts, sounding completely different because U2 freaked out (AGAIN) and thought, crap we need to get some SINGLES on there and enlisted two "hot" pop producers. Get On Your Boots awkwardly just slapped onto NLOTH was too much in the first place...

Boots was a shite choice for a lead single. Should've done Magnificent.

Or hell, even NLOTH2. (How the hell they chose the album version over that mix....:doh: )

And while we're at it, why the hell didn't we just have the upbeat mix of CT make the album? It was fabulous live. :up:

I remember the first time I heard NLOTH2. I was genuinely worried whether Bono would live to the end of the song because that is one strained ass vocal.

:\

Would've appreciated if you'd at least replied to my PM before this. But, fair enough. Being as tired of anything relating to Nick v gvox as I am, I was too quick to jump on you when I thought you were continuing the antagonism. So I, too, apologize for being unfair.

Thanks again Diemen. I responded to your PM with a sincere apology for my actions as well.

To everyone, sorry for any distractions I've caused over the last few days.

Tedder lies. Dodgy Billboard encouraged him. :lol:

Oh well, if Tedder sessions are over, Epworth may be the last player in this match. MAY (not the month).

but i honestly hate the idea that they've gone to Epworth/Tedder with the aim of making the album (or even just a few tracks) super radio friendly.

it'd be really strange if the Danger Mouse stuff makes it to the album intact then you just get this handful of songs sticking out like warts, sounding completely different because U2 freaked out (AGAIN) and thought, crap we need to get some SINGLES on there and enlisted two "hot" pop producers. Get On Your Boots awkwardly just slapped onto NLOTH was too much in the first place...

If that is true, it will be such a bummer! It would be like... gah! When will they ever learn??!!

When Epworth posts a studio pic on Instagram, it's adorable to see all these kids asking: Adele? Florence and the Machine? Beyoncé? :lol: If they just knew. :)

I was reflecting though. Danger Mouse and those two have substantially different production styles...or not?

So:

1. Tedder/Epworth may basically change DM's original approach on the songs

or

2. There's really the possibility of two environments: one inspired by Danger Mouse, krautrock, '70s (as we've seen on Invisible) and another one, more along pop/R'n'B/soul

What do ya think?

if they just knew that once upon a time, a long time ago, a thing called Zoo TV roamed the earth, crushing all its path with its genius.

That once upon a time, a minimal industrial dirge with a video of a guy having his face abused clogged the TV airwaves.

That there was a time when an album demanding Jesus return to this fucked up world sold seven million copies.

That there was a time when the kids went to the theatre and heard a man rant about the supporters of a revolution that would never touch their life...

That there was a time before Florence Welch and her goddamn histrionic bellowing about how she can't be Kate Bush no matter how pretentious she is.

That there was a sad time when you had to go to a strip club to see a stripper begin her routine instead of turning on the Grammy's.

I was reflecting though. Danger Mouse and those two have substantially different production styles...or not?

So:

1. Tedder/Epworth may basically change DM's original approach on the songs

or

2. There's really the possibility of two environments: one inspired by Danger Mouse, krautrock, '70s (as we've seen on Invisible) and another one, more along pop/R'n'B/soul

What do ya think?

Tedder and Epworth would sit comfortably alongside Invisible. There's nothing distinct about the production. It's good, but it's just modern gloss. Danger Mouse didn't bring anything unique to U2, at least based on what I've heard so far.

I believe the band claimed in U2 by U2 that Iovine felt it was ready to go in the fall of 2003. Could be wrong though...

I remember interviews at the time saying that Iovine thought it wasn't commercial enough, and that Adam and Larry agreed. I might be wrong, though. Will look to further avoid working.

Tedder and Epworth would sit comfortably alongside Invisible. There's nothing distinct about the production. It's good, but it's just modern gloss. Danger Mouse didn't bring anything unique to U2, at least based on what I've heard so far.

I remember interviews at the time saying that Iovine thought it wasn't commercial enough, and that Adam and Larry agreed. I might be wrong, though. Will look to further avoid working.

I seem to remember a Iovine being quoted as saying "You have a record here. We are ready to release it." Maybe from U2 by U2? Adam and Larry take the blame for the album not being ready, but they were correct. Maybe they're correct this time too.

OK, I guess I'm remembering it wrong. But Adam and Larry were wrong then, as they always are. Let Bono and Edge run the show. But they're too busy doing other things...

When Epworth posts a studio pic on Instagram, it's adorable to see all these kids asking: Adele? Florence and the Machine? Beyoncé? :lol: If they just knew. :)

:lol::lol::lol:

if they just knew that once upon a time, a long time ago, a thing called Zoo TV roamed the earth, crushing all its path with its genius.

360tour.jpg

And yeah, I'd prefer a live album as well. I love the live shows and the bootlegs usually get more plays than the album once it's tour time. :up:

U2 are still relevant it's official!

Invisible was just played in Phil Mitchell's house on eastenders. It doesn't get any higher then that :)

That once upon a time, a minimal industrial dirge with a video of a guy having his face abused clogged the TV airwaves.

That there was a time when an album demanding Jesus return to this fucked up world sold seven million copies.

That there was a time when the kids went to the theatre and heard a man rant about the supporters of a revolution that would never touch their life...

That there was a time before Florence Welch and her goddamn histrionic bellowing about how she can't be Kate Bush no matter how pretentious she is.

That there was a sad time when you had to go to a strip club to see a stripper begin her routine instead of turning on the Grammy's.

:up: Brilliant

I'm quite enjoying One Republic and I liked them as a U2 support band on the European leg of the 360 tour. I remember Bono being really fond of their music. There's much worse music out there than that one, so I don't mind Tedder working on a couple of songs with the band. Who knows, maybe he's just doing the final mixing?

U2 are getting to be one of the only bands left that don't need to Co headline with someone else. Its tough out there now. Santana and rod Stewart are teaming up. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom