U2's Thirteenth Album: Aimless Uncertainty?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I want to see these guys on the next tour (double meaning alert here):

U2 rare - YouTube
Question for anyone in the know: Did the crowd pick up on that it was actually U2 performing? I would have thought most people would have figured it out by the mid point of the song at the very least. Can anyone who was there verify this?

As for this song, it's truly a gem, and the joke of it doesn't take away the fact that it has a classic melody. Too bad it got lost in the annals of history because of The Dalton Brothers! (And yet without them, it would never have existed....oh, the irony!)

Had Rattle and Hum the film included any of the Dalton's stuff people probably would not have thought they were so serious.

Sent from my AT300 using U2 Interference mobile app

we are lucky to get a 3 song ep with a dvd of them trying to order from a burger king drive though at this point

I was at the Indy show and I recalled hearing them do the Dalton but on a radio show, so I was knew exactly what was going on. It was after the Bodeans and still pretty early so people were still milling around. Kind of a low key thing.

is the band trying to craft another album that they think will be as big as the Joshua tree ?? So they try to climb higher in the annuals of rock. If they weren't high enough. I mean, once again just seems they are afraid to make a mistake. Like its gonna bring down the their entire career if this album didn't do well.

Obviously the new trends in news is to glom together comments from internet fan forums to create an article.

I was at the Hoosier Dome for the Indy JT show and being in the upper deck had no clue it was them until I read the article in the paper the next day reviewing the show. A classic and I didn't even know it at the time.

Fakeedge , you're drunk , go home ^^

" Body Inne Soool "

This article is erroneous on so many levels that clearly its fake. The only thing it did get right was the brouhaha on U2.com when the Billboard article first was released. But now that the dust is settled and fans are adapting to the notion of what will most likely be a late 2014 release and 2015 tour, we focused on more interesting topics, like Fisher. :love:

The bit about the plan to start preselling the album this month could be legit, too. We just heard a day or two that it was "pulled" from the label's spring release calendar, suggesting that there was an actual date and time planned. But yes, mostly cobbled together. What I think is silly is how they frame the "go out with a whimper" headline to make it look like a quote from Bono.

Also, I can't imagine how a Bono solo record would do. Seems like he's always worked with a partner who's strong on the music end of things--his stuff with Gavin was very cool. What has he done that's truly solo?

There was a comment a couple of days ago in another source that I meant to ask about. Epworth and Tedder have been brought in as producers, but then one source talked about the new presence in the studio as though they were there to write new songs. Are they there to ghostwrite hitz for the band or to polish?

Tedder tends to have a hand in the writing of his songs... So it's interesting and maybe disturbing that they brought him in.

He'll be on the cover of this week's Billboard Magazine, so maybe we'll learn something about his work on the album that can immediately be dismissed because as we've learned in this thread all Billboard does is lie and make shit up.

Billboard lies so much that they remind me of certain posters who claim to have inside sources. :wink:

Sent from my SM-N900P using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom