U2's Thirteenth Album: Aimless Uncertainty?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 are still relevant it's official!

Invisible was just played in Phil Mitchell's house on eastenders. It doesn't get any higher then that :)

Christ on a bike, he must be listening to radio 2. Played on there every day.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using U2 Interference mobile app

Thanks CK....MY thoughts exactly!!!

all Hail :bow: The Claw!
i loved it!

I was in front row Outer Rail, then 3/4+ back and 12 rows from the top for 2nd of my 2 '09 shows.

2nd, then first row Outer Rail, 3/5ths back and a 1/3 way up for 2nd of my 2 '11.

The Claw & Screen were glorious, and U2 fantasic for those shows.
awesome stage and set up -- but they underutilized it. they should've done a bit more i thought.

popacrfobat

what do you think they could have added?

more color changes during a single song soetimes. More abstract images on it>

Projecting more varies colored lights at times on the audience?

i thnk someone said something about some video screens on the claw itself but not sure.

incorporating more audience images onto it?

:hmm:
you know what wouldn't be too expensive and done at times for the next tour.....

times where certain colors would be assigned certain range of frequencies and then projected on some kind of screen as gloams of colors increasing decreasing accordin to the songs

.Maybe even certain frquuencies inside any particular FQ range could also trigger some kind of patterens, maybe or not somewhat abstracly echoijng the giest of the song.

Maybe extra projections of osiloscope patterns as well at times.

I cold see trhat....yet
there was always some kind of color, images on the screen even in it's most closede state....

I think it only opening it at times made that exptra special

omg I will never forget - esp bc didn't see the Zooropa portion of the Tour.....
seeing/hearing Zooropa Live at the 2 2011 shows with the screen extended..... so magical! It will always be a highlight of my live show experiences for U2/All the bands i'vve seen.

I saw 3 shows on 360, and was upper deck each time due to financial constraints. But truthfully the view up there was SPECTACULAR if nothing else. The Claw in all its' glory was a sight to behold.

I miss it. I am soooo ready for the next tour. Shame they can't do that again.

I saw 3 shows on 360, and was upper deck each time due to financial constraints. But truthfully the view up there was SPECTACULAR if nothing else. The Claw in all its' glory was a sight to behold.

I miss it. I am soooo ready for the next tour. Shame they can't do that again.

One of the 360 shows I saw was in the nosebleeds. It was a spontaneous thing and I bought the tickets for under 50 USD the day before the show. It was great.

I prefer arena shows to stadiums, and prefer when U2 does the stripped down approach ala Elevation. But if you are going to do an arena, 360 is the way to do it. You need eye candy for the people in the cheap seats to look at. All that sound & fury was pretty spectacular, and while it wasn't anywhere near the special experience Elevation was, I much preferred 360 to Vertigo.

oh CK I was very lucky that way a friend lent me the $$ for when we were sitting together (obviously not GA)

and yeah to see the whole claw in it's full glory had it's own magical perspective! Got great photos of both those further away shows! of the claw/screen!

I don't eves expect them to do something like that again....abnd that's OK

Elevation lighting was very inventive wihthin it's stripped down constraints BUT if I rememebr correctly I misseed having more colored lights in it. It was mostly "white" lights... warm white for the most part?

Maybe Trent Reznor should produce U2! That would be friggin interesting. He did do the Zoo Station cover so obviously he likes them.

I would to somehow get billy corgan involved. He could get some dark, amazing shit from them no doubt.

U2 are getting to be one of the only bands left that don't need to Co headline with someone else. Its tough out there now. Santana and rod Stewart are teaming up. Lol.

My wife LOVES Kiss, so I'm going to take her to see them co-headline with Def Leppard. It's amazing how many bands from the 70s and 80s have to do this in order to bring a decent sized crowd in. Aerosmith hasn't toured on their own in 10+ years, for example. U2 really are in their own league.

My wife LOVES Kiss, so I'm going to take her to see them co-headline with Def Leppard. It's amazing how many bands from the 70s and 80s have to do this in order to bring a decent sized crowd in. Aerosmith hasn't toured on their own in 10+ years, for example. U2 really are in their own league.

Actually Aerosmith hasn't gone on the road with a co-headliner since 2008. They did it for about 4 or 5 years, but since their opening bands have all played normal opening sets, cheap trick opened the last tour and played 35 minutes, the one before, joan jett, played 30. definitely not co-headlining shows, js

I would to somehow get billy corgan involved. He could get some dark, amazing shit from them no doubt.

Wow, good call :up: never crossed my mind.

I did wonder what Jack White could do with them?

I've been on vacation since Thursday. Is it safe to assume I have missed exactly nothing in U2-land?

I did see the breaking news of Bono and Ali being in the glorious town of Dingle, so no need to bring me up to speed on those urgent developments.

You could have gone on vacation five years ago and only missed out on two U2 songs and the Spiderman soundtrack.

I think some of you are way over estimating just how much a producer can do, especially with a band like U2.

If it were just a matter of plugging in a good producer and creating music, U2 would have released two records since the last one. The problem, such that there is a problem, is with the people playing the instruments, writing the songs, and singing them.

I'm not underestimating the role of the producer; it's crucial. But so far, there have been only been a few that can really focus these guys and make them truly great, and none that aren't named Brian or Danny.

I've been on vacation since Thursday. Is it safe to assume I have missed exactly nothing in U2-land?

I did see the breaking news of Bono and Ali being in the glorious town of Dingle, so no need to bring me up to speed on those urgent developments.

Larry and Edge were spotted at Belvedere Restaurant in London. Together. And according to Billboard, Tedder's already done working on the U2 album.

So no, nothing new. More speculation and endless gossip. :up:

Back
Top Bottom