U2's The Unforgettable Fire vs. Peter Gabriel's Solsbury Hill.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I'm obsessed with Peter Gabriel so I did another vs. thread with him heh heh.

Solsbury Hill is one of my favorite songs ever, so I choose that. Simply beautiful.

:wink:

Last edited:
Lol -too funny. Probably a hair better than Sledgehammer, but in terms of head-to-head with most U2 songs, I don't think you'll get a lot of concurrence here.

Peter Gabriel? Didn't he sing Games Without Frontiers with Massive Attack? I like that song.
Absolutely no comparison with U2 though, they win everytime. :rockon:

I love Peter Gabriel.

"Solsbury Hill" is one of my all-time favorite songs, so I would assume it's better than at least half of U2's catalogue. But, that still places it behind half of U2's tunes. "Sledgehammer" might be a relevant track in music history, but even Peter would tell you that whole period while the most commercially succesfull, didn't reflect his ultimate peak.

"Family Snapshot" is another great track.

ah yes, early Gabriel. I prefer Gabriel on 'Lamb Lies Down On Broadway' myself :wink: One can only pray for the rumored re-union to happen :drool:

Definitely Solsbury Hill:heart:

Peter is by far one of the most intelligent, interesting and complete solo artist ever :drool:

... and he worked with Eno and Lilywhite before U2 ;)

Shart, maybe you'd be better off going to the Bang and the Clatter and starting a general Peter Gabriel thread there.

(Edited to add I love Peter Gabriel too, but since B&G is the general music discussion place, you'd probably find more people there who want to talk about his music.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom