U2's sexiest song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sexiest song...If You Wear That Velvet Dress, def!!! Every time I listen to that song, I just want to crawl....
But I have not heard the infamous Jools version, can someone send it to me? Or tell me where I can get it?

I don't know if this is U2's sexiest song, but it is THE song that makes me think about having sex EVERYTIME I hear it.

Lemon (the Perfecto Mix)

The whole AB album is sexy! And of course the Jools Holland version of If you wear that velvet dress.

Let me think...

- With or without you
- Stay
- Gone
- Staring at the sun
- All I want is you
etc. etc. There are so many....

I guess I'm the only person who doesn't think (or even want to think) that any of U2's songs are sexy ...

I see layers upon layers of deep meaning in U2's songs, but I don't see sexiness. OK, I do in Ultra Violet, which is probably why I hate it.

Axver said:
I guess I'm the only person who doesn't think (or even want to think) that any of U2's songs are sexy ...

I see layers upon layers of deep meaning in U2's songs, but I don't see sexiness. OK, I do in Ultra Violet, which is probably why I hate it.

DUDE! You don't see it at all? In any of the songs? I'm guessing by your "or even want to think" that you are a guy and don't like the idea of Bono crooning sexiness at you? Fair enough, but you're looking at the lyrics the wrong way, the wrong angle.... If you don't 'get' the sexiness, then, I don't know, maybe you just don't... actually I won't go there :wink:

To answer the orginal question, I can only refer everyone to the following...

Tonight the moon is playing tricks again
I'm feeling sea sick again
The whole world could just dissolve
Into a glass of water

I've been good 'cause I know you don't want me to
Do you really want me to be blue as you
It's her daylight that gets me through

We've been here before
Last time you scratched at my door
The moon was naked and cold
I was like a two year old
Who just wanted more

If you wear that velvet dress

Tonight the moon has drawn its curtains
It's a private show
No one else going to know
I'm wanting

Sunlight, sunlight fills my room
It's sharp and it's clear
But nothing at all like the moon

It's okay, the struggle for things not to say
I never listened to you anyway
And I got my own hands to pray

But if you wear that velvet dress
But if you wear that velvet dress

Tonight the moon is a mirrorball
Light flickers from across the hall
Who'll catch the star when it falls

There are plenty of others.

---I'm surprised nobody's said New Year's Day :heart:

---Oooh Velvet Dress...that song is all about the power struggle of seduction

---The Boston DVD version of In A Little While....when Bono growls out "Turn me on" and then Edge's crooning of "Slowly love..." :combust:

---With Or Without You-a live version with the "We'll shine like stars" at the end :drool:

---There's something incredibly sexy about Bullet The Blue Sky...

---Numb, Mofo, UTEOTW, and Bad also...

Last edited:
Earnie Shavers said:
DUDE! You don't see it at all? In any of the songs? I'm guessing by your "or even want to think" that you are a guy and don't like the idea of Bono crooning sexiness at you?

Actually, it's not quite that. I simply don't like songs about sex. I don't like anything about sex, really. It's not something I care for, and I'd rather my music focus on more serious topics. I can respect songs such as All I Want Is You because they show the dark side of emotions and reveal the truth about life. I love If You Wear That Velvet Dress because of the spiritual interpretation I am fond of. I love Even Better Than The Real Thing because it can be seen as a song about the false reality created by the media. You get my point.

Yes, I realise I'm weird.

Axver said:

Actually, it's not quite that. I simply don't like songs about sex. I don't like anything about sex, really. It's not something I care for

thats tragic

The more I think about it...Babyface really does have this playful sexy vibe going on with it. The image I get with it is of two lovers playing around with a camera and being flirty and coy... Yeah, I think Babyface is sexy--add it to my list I already made.

Axver, I do hope you are happy to be weird.

Weirdness is a continuum, anyway. If I had to choose, give up listening to U2 or give up sex, I'd give up sex. A lot of people would say that's pretty weird.

Anyway, sexiest song? In a Little While.
The parts of Do you feel loved? with sexy lyrics, yes, but not the song as a whole.
And on Million Dollar Hotel: Never Let Me Go (Not actually a U2 song, but Bono sings.)

And 11 O'Clock Tick Tock - that guitar part is pretty climactic!

There's a difference, I think, between sexy songs and songs about sex.

lost poet

Axver said:

Actually, it's not quite that. I simply don't like songs about sex. I don't like anything about sex, really. It's not something I care for, and I'd rather my music focus on more serious topics. I can respect songs such as All I Want Is You because they show the dark side of emotions and reveal the truth about life. I love If You Wear That Velvet Dress because of the spiritual interpretation I am fond of. I love Even Better Than The Real Thing because it can be seen as a song about the false reality created by the media. You get my point.

But I think that many of these U2 songs are sexy because they're not about sex. There are plenty of really graphic songs out there (like NIN's "Closer") that I don't find nearly as sexy as "Bullet the Blue Sky," a song that doesn't mention sex at all. The energy of the song is sexy, the intensity of the song it sexy, the rhythm of the song is sexy.

I think this relates to a thread in the Lemonade Stand right now about what makes a person sexy and it seems like most people believe true sexiness isn't blatant, it's more intangible. Attitude, intelligence, those things are truly sexy. A song just full on about sex being sexy, probably not, but a song with passion and integrity (and a kick-ass guitar solo), definitely.

Desire---when he says Yeah at the beginning--that's about the sexiest thing I have ever heard come out of a man's mouth. Night & Day is very sexy--didnt I see somewhere that it was described as a horny version of that song.

Velvet dress, especially the rendition Bono did on the Jools Holland Album, it justs kills.

If we get technical, then Numb Give me more dignity MiX, i hear it and jsut want to jump on a table and start stripping *meep did i say that out loud?*

Ok, not written by U2 and not technically performed by U2, but it's included on a U2 Single:

Hands down sexiest song should be put on repeat for the before, during and after.

Bono's version of Can't Help Falling in Love (Triple Peaks Remix) found only on the Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses part II.

If you haven't heard it, you must. Turn off the lights, turn up the bass and just listen to Bono in his falsetto best. :heart: :yes: :dance:

hate to jump on the band wagon, but i always thought Velvet Dress was extremely sexy.

Can someone hook me up with a link to the CHFIL Triple Peaks remix? my e-mail account is too small.

Bajagirl said:
Velvet dress, especially the rendition Bono did on the Jools Holland Album, it justs kills.

If we get technical, then Numb Give me more dignity MiX, i hear it and jsut want to jump on a table and start stripping *meep did i say that out loud?*

(Keeping her mouth shut) :angel:

dsmith2904 said:
But I think that many of these U2 songs are sexy because they're not about sex. There are plenty of really graphic songs out there (like NIN's "Closer") that I don't find nearly as sexy as "Bullet the Blue Sky," a song that doesn't mention sex at all. The energy of the song is sexy, the intensity of the song it sexy, the rhythm of the song is sexy.

I honestly don't see that. I find the sound of Bullet to be uncomfortable and hard-hitting, which is quite removed from anything sexy. And a song not about sex, I see as whatever it is (i.e. political commentary, social observation) rather than sexy in any way.

I think I simply hear and feel songs differently to many people here.

starsgoblue said:
Bullet The Blue might not be about sex....the song is undoubtedly sexy though. The rhythm and vocals are so primal and rugged sounding...what could be more primal than sex?

I never knew the sound of warfare was sexy. Remember the story of Bono asking Edge to put the sound of El Salvador through his guitar? I cannot comprehend how this song could be viewed as sexy.

OMG...Axver....yes I know the sound of El Salvador story....A song can have multiple layers to it I believe. It's not explicitly sexual, but I find an implicit sexual tone to it though.

The style of Bono's breathy voice is attractive to me because of it's urgent and primal sound and the "ooohs" just strike a chord in me as appealing. And The Edge's guitar...well I'm sorry but he makes that thing moan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom