U2's privacy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueyedpoet

Refugee
I know there has been a lot of speculation and some really insensitive posts recently. I just want to give U2 props for keeping their private lives private. In an age when all stars blurt out their lives for the world, it's refreshing that some people value their family's privacy. Unlike Jessica Simpson's divorce, or Britney Spear's parenting, U2 does a really good job of protecting their family and friends.
At least some people in this world have integrity.
p.s. Obviously I'm not trying to start some thread that speculates about their personal lives. That would contradicte the very point.

blueyedpoet said:
....or, i'm just retarded

nah, I think everyone just wanted to keep their replies private, in the spirit of your thread. :wink:

Actually, many people probably feel like there's some information that is due to them--for example, the recent illness which contributed to the postponement of tour dates. I'd be willing to bet that many people feel a detailed explanation is necessary. I'm sure U2 is facing lots of pressure to disclose this information, but there hasn't been anything beyond a general statement of "illness" (not to my knowledge anyway). I do think that is commendable.

blueyedpoet said:
ha...121 views and only 1 reply...maybe my words were just so compelling only one person knew how to reply....or, i'm just retarded

no, i think this thread has no purpose, because you've said it all

Pero said:

no, i think this thread has no purpose, because you've said it all
that's why i said maybe my words are so compelling:wink: And, i wasn't really upset with the lack of response; you're right I didn't leave very much unsaid.

indeed, I truly praise Larry Mullen for managing to keep his life very private......I think thats been tough, but he stands out a bit more than the other three with maintaining it.

I can understand, as Im a private person too.

big it up to ya Larry man.

:applaud:

they are private, but at the same time very public, they dont dissappear between albums like some other artists do!

Back
Top Bottom