U2's New Album Title? -- "Hanover Quay"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael Griffiths

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Well, that's my vote anyway. It would be like their Abbey Road (the famous Beatles album named after their famous studio). Maybe it should be called "The Last Days Of Hanover Quay" or something like that. I've been thinking of this since I found out they've been recording in that studio before it gets torn down. Maybe it should be called "Tearing It Up At Hanover" (as opposed to "Tearing Down," since Bono said recently that they're "burning up" as opposed to "burning out" -- is that a stretch?). I think the "tearing up" idea works well for the "punk" music Bono said the band is churning out.

On second thought, I think I still like the original title the best: Hanover Quay

------------------
The Tempest

That would be amusing, and a nice slap in the face.

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

I think that would be one hell of an album title. It would fit nicely with U2's history of album titles. Excellent idea.

~z~

------------------
" You love this town - even if that doesn't ring true. You've been all over, and it's been all over you " - Bono

" Don't you know there ain't no Devil, that's just God when he's drunk " - Tom Waits

Originally posted by Michael Griffiths:
"Tearing It Up At Hanover"

With a name like that we finally better get the Hard Rock album we've been promised for years.
smile.gif

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

Did someone said...... Bikini
biggrin.gif

I really liked Soul Ascension and Tearing Up at Hanover is pretty fitting as well.As for the hard rock and the punk rock that is going on,I think U2 can achieve a new sound.If they record the songs without producers and then they can re-record them played live...only then I think this idea of hard/punk rock is possible.During the ATYCLB sessions....U2 said recording for them is a very organice process a new idea and it can change drastically.Plus Bono said recently that they have recorded "Electrical Storm" and its gonna blow us away!

What I am trying to say here is that if you look at the 'unproduced' Beautiful Day a.k.a. Always....its pretty punk rock to me.So If U2 are not working with any "producer" then I think its highly likely, but then I am sure it will all change in 8 or 9 months time.

------------------
In this Ozland

I think "Tearing Up Hanover" woud be better than "Tearing It Up At Hanover." Tearing it up sounds too much like some clich? garbage thrash band ad - "Come see the Grunge Monkeys tear it up at Hanover!"
biggrin.gif

Tearing Up Hanover Quay

I like the sound of that
smile.gif

Today, I'd prefer 'Hangover Cure' !!

------------------
Lately I'm sure, words won't implore you to stay

Originally posted by Tizer:
Today, I'd prefer 'Hangover Cure' !!

Oh bad day huh?

yeah, Tearing Up Hanover would be a good title. but who listens to us? Hmmm...weren't there rumors that Edge reads this board? dude, show us a sign! Name your album Tearing Up Hanover or something. or at the next U2 show I go to, scratch your nose so I know you got this message.

But I digress......

I like the title:

"We're applying for the job. What job? The Best Band on the Planet"

not too long...but not too short.

I like "Hanover Quay"...that would be a cool, sentimental title.

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

of course you know the media here in America will pronounce the quay as "quay", and not as "key" as it is meant to be pronounced

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever

Originally posted by Hitman:
of course you know the media here in America will pronounce the quay as "quay", and not as "key" as it is meant to be pronounced

It's pronounced key? Thanks for posting that, i thought it was pronounced "quay" too.

Hmmm...

I think I do like the sound of Windmill Lane more than Hanover Quay. I think the best title would be:

The Last Days Of Windmill Lane

Just kind of flows. Now they just need to start recording there, and then destroy the place.

And Zooropamanda -- Yes! I was itching to post this!
biggrin.gif

------------------
The Tempest

More possible titles: (i have too much time on my hands LOL)
biggrin.gif

Windmill Lane Spirit

Dubliners
wink.gif

3 Musicians and a dyslexian

Keeping the job

Capturing the dream (dunno why - their music just seems like it's capturing dreams with its sounds&lyrics)

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 04-26-2002).]

Originally posted by Michael Griffiths:
The Last Days Of Windmill Lane
[/B]

Nah, things like that are too sappy. Just Hanover Quay or Windmill Lane would be cool, nice and simple. No need to spell it out.

Originally posted by U2girl:
It's pronounced key? Thanks for posting that, i thought it was pronounced "quay" too.

yeah, i lived in dublin for six months while doing an internship. i lived on georges quay, not far from hanover quay and i found out the hard way that dubliners (and the irish in general) prounounce quay as "key". might be a reason they wouldn't call the album hanover quay.

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever

has there been any words out there that u2 has thought of an album title if not why are we bs'ing here.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK&ROLL HIGH SCHOOL.
THE RAMONES
i dont want to be a pinhead no more.

Back
Top Bottom