U2's most underrated song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Desire4Bono

Refugee
living in a rock and roll fantasy- and what's wron
I'm talking about The Three Sunrises. It's a beautiful song, and I love listening to it. What a shame it was never on an album or compilation. I like it better than some of the songs that have been put out as singles. I would say a lot of you have never heard it. Unless you have old boots, it's only on Wide Awake in America.

MIAMI!

Miami! Mi Mammy!

Howie B's work in that song is underrated IMHO. Larry's drumming is out of this world. And this is perhaps Bono's best vocal performance in POP.

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

Desire4Bono said:
I would say a lot of you have never heard it. Unless you have old boots, it's only on Wide Awake in America.

It was on the B-Sides CD of The Best Of 1980-1990. I have it. It's a pretty good song :)

Oh, The Three Sunrises is also a great tune to wake up to...I used to put my b-sides cd in my cd player and set it to wake up to that song.

I luurve the three sunrises so much, it is definetley in my top ten U2 songs- the harmonies are so nice and I love the lyrics, I whole heartedly believe that it should of been included on The Unforgettable Fire album instead of some of the other songs- would of made the album a lot better IMHO and yes this is a very underated song, but a pure gem though:up:

The Wanderer said:
Fire
Surrender
A Sort of Homecoming
Lemon
Zooropa
The Wanderer
Miami
Do You Feel Loved
Stateless

"Lemon"...I was listening to that song recently, and there's this soft string thing going on toward the end of the song-like a violin or something...I think that soft string sound is really pretty at the end of that song-mournful and sad, almost, but pretty (hopefully you guys know what I'm referring to).

Angela

Oh yeah! Lemon is my second favorite song. I love the way Bono is able to bring out his high pitched voice and, I dunno, it kind of sounds sexy. I also like the corus part. Almost harmonic.
Hail to mac daddy MacPhisto :macdevil:

Indian Summer Sky - If only they had played it more live back then.

Surrender - I'm starting to appreciate this tune more and more. The whoohoohoo part really sounded great live.

Acrobat - Dutch band Kane proved that it can work live.

When I look at the world - ATYCLB's forgotten track

follower said:
For me, it?s So Cruel. Awesome song, really.

:yes:..."So Cruel"...I :heart: that song! It's wonderful.

And I also love "Ultraviolet" and "When I Look At The World" as well. "Surrender" is great, too.

I have not heard "The Three Sunrises"...but from the way you guys keep talking about it, sounds like I'm gonna have to hear it. :).

Angela

Like a Song
Heartland
Acrobat
Your Blue Room
Do You Feel Loved
Stateless

There are maybe more but these ones deserved much more evidence, mostly because they were left out of the stage (exception for Do You Feel Loved in the first Popmart shows).

Oh yes HEARTLAND! I love that song. I was just thinking about it tonight. It reminds me of driving across the west. It's one of the most beautiful songs, and best songs, U2 ever did.

I would have to say Heartland and A Sort of Homecomming and maybe Wire and Indian Summer Sky and Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World. Love those songs.

U2Kitten said:
Oh yes HEARTLAND! I love that song. I was just thinking about it tonight. It reminds me of driving across the west. It's one of the most beautiful songs, and best songs, U2 ever did.

Seems like a lot of people here really like this song, which is great. It's definitely my favorite R&H tune!

'north and south of the river'

great lyrics and emotion. i especially love the live version (omagh) and the lyric-'cause there's no feeling that's so alone as when the one your hurting is your own. also 'there was a badness that had it's way, but love isn't lost it will have it's day.'

Desire4Bono said:
I'm talking about The Three Sunrises. It's a beautiful song, and I love listening to it. What a shame it was never on an album or compilation. I like it better than some of the songs that have been put out as singles. I would say a lot of you have never heard it. Unless you have old boots, it's only on Wide Awake in America.

um listen about ur sig, its "too bad the things that make u mad are my FAVORITE THINGS" thats actually the name of the song. its from s.c.i.e.n.c.e. bc incubus is my favorite band besides u2
so yeah im glad some1 else lies incubus

Back
Top Bottom