u2's longest song question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Still_Running44

The Fly
Hey guys I saw a thread here a few months ago that was talking about the song that lasted the longest live. If I remember correctly it was 40 and it was like 16 minutes long and it was from a UF show. I was just wondering the date on that show thanks.

nathan1977 said:
Good Lord. I like "Bad", but 18 minutes is a bit long. The fifteen minutes at LiveAid was plenty.

And even that was only 12 at Live Aid.

it's a good thing they don't play really long songs, more songs is better than jamming and turning songs into 15 minute versions...unless it's to close a show.

Still_Running44 said:
Hey guys I saw a thread here a few months ago that was talking about the song that lasted the longest live. If I remember correctly it was 40 and it was like 16 minutes long and it was from a UF show. I was just wondering the date on that show thanks.

I didn't see that thread, but the Jan 25, 1985 Sweden version of 40 is 14:55

There has never been an 18 minute Bad. The longest was 16:16. I can't remember which show - I think from the second US leg of the UF Tour in April 1985.

The original poster's quite right, there has been a longer performance of 40. On 31 January 1985 in Cologne, U2 played a performance of 40 that was roughly 16:45. It remains the longest performance of any song by U2 in their history.

Axver said:
There has never been an 18 minute Bad. The longest was 16:16. I can't remember which show - I think from the second US leg of the UF Tour in April 1985.

Actually it was at a place, where U2 have played often – and do play often outstanding song versions, too: East Rutherford.
The date was 15th April 1985 during the 'The Unforgettable Fire' Tour. This should be the longest tune, u2 have played so far ...

Just chiming in to highly recommend the bootleg of that Jersey '85 gig. Not only for Bad, but the show overally is awesome and the sound on the tape is top-notch for an audience tape.

The 40 Cologne version available on u2start unfortunately has a cut.
They sang 40, the crowd kept on singing, so the band came back and they chanted Do they know it's Christmas, then the recording fades out.

Didn't hear about Sweden, yet. Will grab the bootleg immediately, thanks BostonAnne. :)

Back
Top Bottom