U2's last song on their last concert ever.. what should it be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i predict the last words sung in an U2 concert will be:
...AND I KNOW THAT THE TIDE IS TURNING ROUND so DON'T LET THE BASTARDS GRIND YOU DOWN

then the edge will give the audience a loong distorted guitar feedback...end of show and end of U2

ACROBAT that would be so cool :rockon:

^^ actually... yeah :drool:

they should've close ZooTV with ACROBAT like that... and the screens going like the feed is out... "snow" they call it

that would've ruled in whole new ways of ruling... :drool:

pepokiss said:
In fact, I've thinked a lot about the LAST SONG thing... and I came up with this
whatever they play before 40
probably 5 minutes of HOW LONG TO SING THIS SONG (everybody crying... no one leaving... the stage black, no lights, in the screen it says HOW LONG...) and then... after 5 minutes of roaring and amazing dublin-esque (of course, this is THERE) sing a long, we hear a familiar intro... the HOW LONG letters on the screen start to turn red... then the WHOLE screen, and BONO joins the crowd with a HOW LONG TO SING THIS SONG, as the intro goes in cresscendo more and more ande EDGE enters with
WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME

in fact... and jus to see what everybody thinks...
what if the final concert start AND ends with WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME¿?... StreetsX2
of course, the first one, with a history video intro, and the last one like I told just now

discuss...

I actually really like that idea of "ending" with 40 and then after 4-5 minutes of the crowd singing "how long to sing this song" Streets could come in with a long extended intro. Kinda more like the album version. You wouldn't even need Bono to join in with the crowd, I think it'd be more powerful without him joining in at the "end" Also the red screen would be cool but incorperated with the mirror ball kind of effect they had going on the Boston dvd

Though I don't really like the idea of playing Streets twice. I'd think they'd just open with COBL or maybe even I WIll Follow.

Last edited:
:scream: No! It will never end! I refuse to accept it! *goes into complete denial*

Or you know, 40. 40 just fits. But Gone really, really fits. I think in the end, I'd prefer Gone (well it is my favourite song :wink: ) After all, Bono said that when he wrote it, he felt like he was writing the last song he'd ever write, and it sounds that way. It's a farewell song.

Cant Help Falling In Love With You

-----------------------------------------

perfect.

But knowing u2 they play Vertigo x 2 lol

I don't think u2 will ever announce that a certain show is their last ever... the emotion would be too much for the crowd and the band...
but the last song at their last concert should definetely be 40...
even though the lyrics are suitable.. i don't like the idea of ending with a rocking number like Gone... it should be an emotional moment.. and for that a song like 40 is more apppropriate.

Didn't Bono say on the TFI Friday interview in 97 that the last song would be 'Amazing Grace'? ... he's probably have changed his mind by the time it happens.. but it would be a nice ending.

...followed by 'Bad'.

I need to clarify, the 3 songs I posted were ideas for a closer song. 40 would be ideal, Walk On and Yahweh for a positive high.

I think 'Streets' would be the opener most likely to the final concert.

40 would be fitting and a very logical choice. However, I think it needs to be song that brings the house down - Streets or Walk On.

They should do a cover of "The End of the Tour" by They Might Be Giants. While TMBG's songs are usually upbeat and funny, this one's quite suitable.

40 or Streets, but I think it's 40. It's the end. That's how it ends. No other way around it.

WalkOnTheEdge said:
40 would be fitting and a very logical choice. However, I think it needs to be song that brings the house down - Streets or Walk On.

Exactly my thoughts. 40 is a great closer but on this occasion you'd need somthing that could bring the house down like you said and no song could do it better than Streets.

Some people have mentiond Exit at or near the end and to me that makes no sense. Other than the song being called "Exit" why would anyone want that song to be the exclamation point on U2's career?

Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop) followed by Is That All? ;)

but seriously
I think Streets followed by 40 would be great.

pepokiss said:
Streets - 40 :madspit:

40 - Streets :love:

Yes! I mean just watch the transition from RTSS/Streets on ZOO TV and imagine how they could do that with 40--->Streets. I mean the long synthesizer build up while the crowd is still singing 40 would be amazing.

My vote also goes to 40 ==> Streets. Has to be. It's the definitive live U2 performance.

Walk On would also be very fitting for the occasion.

Back
Top Bottom