U2's last great album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Final Straw

The Fly
For those of you who aren't 'mad' about Bomb, what's U2's last great album that they've made, in your opinion?

ATYCLB

end off.

One of the best albums of this century in my opinion.

Most of what theyve done since Pop has been too "safe" to me. Thats not to say I dont think theyve made some great songs since 1997. ATYCLB in particular has a few of my favorite songs of all time, whereas Bomb is largely a disappointment to me. Nothing on Bomb feels particularly epic to me.

Anyway, even tho I miss the experimental days of the 90's and feel ii was their best work, ATYCLB is their last great album for me. Bomb didnt miss by much, a few changes and I could have considered it great. (namely including Smile and Mercy, and getting some better post-production on most of the tracks). Alot of the album mixes fall flat on their ass for me.

POP most likely... All That You... was a good attempt but some songs fell flat...

listening to both ATYCLB and Bomb and they sound absolutely fantastic
'All that..." is really titanium soul, a pop masterpiece
'Bomb' is another really great album, but its not similiar to "All that.." at all. There completely diferent animals, but both of them are really wonderful:drool:

For me, Achtung Baby was their last great album, though All That You Can't Leave Behind comes pretty close to being in that category. Since Achtung Baby, this is the order of my preference:

1. ATYCLB
2. Zooropa
3. HTDAAB
4. Passengers
5. Pop

Of course, this could all change at a moment's notice.

This post is dedicated to U2 Man:

Even though I think Pop is their last great album...

Beautiful Day
Stuck In A Moment (acoustic)
Walk On (single/hallelujah)
In A Little While (musically)
Peace On Earth
When I Look At The World
New York
Grace
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
Vertigo (musically)
Miracle Drug
City Of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You (alternate)
A Man And A Woman
Crumbs (alternate)
Yahweh (alternate)
Fast Cars

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

hey, there is some sense to zoot.

check your email.

i actually yawned because i'm tired. bed is calling. sleep.

The Joshua Tree; it's the U2 album that I feel is on a different plane than any other -- the rest are merely good.

Wow, I guess people do have different tastes....I'm a big POP fan and I loooove the Bomb, but I see so many people talking up ALL THAT, which at this point I consider their weakest album EVER! (In a Little While being BY FAR the best song on the album.)

Different strokes I guess.....

Back
Top Bottom