U2's Last Frontier

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who Frickin cares..they make music that they want to make!!
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS HOW THEY PLAY THESE TUNES LIVE.... THEY HAVE BEEN PERFORMING BETTER AND BETTER LIVE EVERY TIME ROUND...MAYBE ZOOTV WAS A LITTLE AHEAD OF POPMART, BUT THE ELEVATION TOUR WAS SIMPLY THEIR BEST EVER WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stagman said:
Who Frickin cares..they make music that they want to make!!
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS HOW THEY PLAY THESE TUNES LIVE.... THEY HAVE BEEN PERFORMING BETTER AND BETTER LIVE EVERY TIME ROUND...MAYBE ZOOTV WAS A LITTLE AHEAD OF POPMART, BUT THE ELEVATION TOUR WAS SIMPLY THEIR BEST EVER WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry again.

ZooTV pisses all over every other U2 tour.

Zoocoustic said:

Whoa. Sorry.

The debate over best album is and always has been up in the air, but when it comes to live performances there is absolutely NO WAY that Lovetown, JT, or any other U2 tour ever came close or ever will come close to touching the sheer brilliance that was ZooTV.

No band (including U2) will ever be able to do that again - ZooTV was not of this world - it was something so much bigger and more amazing. Hands down the greatest tour ever by any band in the history of music.

I agree, personally... I'm just upset that I didn't force my parental units to take me when I was, y'know, three. Shoulda been more bold, and known what was going on and stuff. I really, really hope the next tour has a slight ZooTV vibe...that'd be cool.

As for this thread - yawn. Boring. I almost agreed until I remember U2 just came out with a new album. :wink: and I don't get the ATYCLB bashing...sure it's no Pop (best. album. ever. or, AB) but it's still brilliant. Every U2 album rules. Get over it.

This is just the start of the 2nd half of U2s career....well maybe not but at least 2 or 3 more albums anyway!

In my mind Bomb is right up there with the best work that they have done, whether everybody agrees or not is something that wont be solved here it will be solved over many years to come and after seeing the songs live.

Joshua is better live,and Achtung is better in studio.
Joshua is rocky,Achtung is a little more balladistic,not boring, but sensual and loving.

My vote goes to Achtung because i can't stand Trip through your wires and Mothers of the disappeared, and worst song from AB is So cruel which is much much better than those two

Zoocoustic said:
The debate over best album is and always has been up in the air, but when it comes to live performances there is absolutely NO WAY that Lovetown, JT, or any other U2 tour ever came close or ever will come close to touching the sheer brilliance that was ZooTV.

No band (including U2) will ever be able to do that again - ZooTV was not of this world - it was something so much bigger and more amazing. Hands down the greatest tour ever by any band in the history of music.

No. ZooTV is nowhere near U2's best tour. Have you read the setlists for that thing? Only Popmart beats it when it comes to bland, bland, bland, BLAND.

U2 were musically ON FIRE at Lovetown playing the greatest variety of songs with the greatest talent. Bono's voice was never better (when he wasn't sick), Edge was going nuts, and the entire band came together to create some unbelieveable music.

ZooTV was just some wonderful songs with high technology. Nothing special as far as U2 tours go.

we have to be honest mates :yes:

Despite I attended to Pop Mart tour Santiago 11-02-1998, I have to admit the best U2 tour has been Zoo TV :bow:

In terms of "The Best U2 album" ( the old discussion ) it´s just matter of time, I mean, when U2 will release their new album ( hopefully in 2006 ) we´ll see a lot of " BEST U2 Album since Achtung Baby", "The Best U2 album since Joshua Tree", "Their third masterpiece", etc again and again, like what happened both with ATYCLB and this HTDAAB :tsk:

ponkine said:
:

In terms of "The Best U2 album" ( the old discussion ) it´s just matter of time, I mean, when U2 will release their new album ( hopefully in 2006 ) we´ll see a lot of " BEST U2 Album since Achtung Baby", "The Best U2 album since Joshua Tree", "Their third masterpiece", etc again and again, like what happened both with ATYCLB and this HTDAAB :tsk:

You're right, we probably will have fans who will think future albums are their best, and they have the right to that opinion or preference. I'm not sure why that always has to elicit several " :tsk: " smilies. :shrug:

Last edited:
Sadly, War has about 4 or 5 filler tracks! It seems as long as something "rawks!" then thats all some people ever need.. ;)

I turned away from my own post that I started, cause folks usually ignore or diss my opinions. Little did I know that this post slowly evolved into another POP vs the world thread. ( and the winner is POP baby ):wink:

Lets get back to the last frontier idea of this thread :wink:

u2 work in trilogys

boy/octwar
fire/joshua/rattle
baby/zoo/pop
atyclb/htdaab/???????

this is pretty dam obvious.
passeengers is not part of it, well it is but it isn't. i see a it as a bonus album,lol thiers only 3 "songs" on thier. blue room, miss sab, and elvis ate america.

i feel, ALTYCLB sounds like UF, HTDAAB sounds like ATYCLB but not like UF. and also, this new trend of u2 albums having 50 words in the tiltle.lol

vertigo sounds like sucsesser to beatiful day.
beatiful day was the wake up to the zoo tv nightmare (in a good way, that is.)
pop reached the limits of what u2 could experiment with and still sound good.
i wonder after the next album, what the new trilogy will sound like. mabey a hard rock album? (no keybaords or soft songs at all, like rick rubin producing). mabey all accosutic? etc

so right now HTDAAB is the second imstallment of this u2 trilogy. the "attack of the clones" album. so to speak.

allbecauseofu2 said:
u2 work in trilogys

i wonder after the next album, what the new trilogy will sound like. mabey a hard rock album?

We've been told for 5 years that they were making one of these and we still haven't seen it...hell will freeze over first.

Zoocoustic said:

We've been told for 5 years that they were making one of these and we still haven't seen it...hell will freeze over first.

So true,

Not necessarily a bad thing though - they never really defined what they meant as hard rock..

Can't see them all getting Brian May perms (well not the edge anyway)

mabey thier do a blues/jazz triilogy. like very rootsty music. more then even rattle and hum. like not rock too much at all.

I am a new u2 fan and i just do not get the fuss about Joshua tree. In my opinion war is so much better than this album it is unreal.
As for HTDAAB Being safe, where is this idea coming from. I can just imagine people being told "Love, Peace Or Else" and i don't exactly call having the chorus to a song in a different language (Yahweh, which i think means messiah in hebrew) being radio friendly. The only safe song on the album is vertigo, but lets face it,its a good safe song.

Back
Top Bottom