U2's last album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
I have an idea for what U2 can call their last album - Man.

Their first album was Boy, so when they release their last album - surely they are men. Then they could record a song called Man, which would be the song to end all songs, but never tour for the album - except maybe at Slane. Have the last lyric as a question which leaves everyone hanging.

I like the idea. It may be a bit cheesy, but it's like over the span of U2's career, the Boy has developed into a Man. They could have a picture of the kid on the cover of Boy all grown up.

What do you think?

Their last album was called 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb'

last = previous :)

really lame, sorry couldn't resist.

why not girls? :wink: so many things can still happen! :wink: yeah, i think man would be an original title, the omega. but just leave those times far away, it shouldn't be the moment for the next 15 years

COBL_04 said:

Their first album was Boy, so when they release their last album - surely they are men. Then they could record a song called Man, which would be the song to end all songs, but never tour for the album - except maybe at Slane. Have the last lyric as a question which leaves everyone hanging.

I like the idea. It may be a bit cheesy, but it's like over the span of U2's career, the Boy has developed into a Man. They could have a picture of the kid on the cover of Boy all grown up.

What do you think?

COBL_04, I actually think that idea is so awesome. Man would be the perfect title to go out on.

Hasn't Bono already said something along these lines? "It's like going back to our roots - we could have called it 'Man'", or something?

Azor said:
Maybe it would be called ''Mercy'' :drool:

Bahaha! Aah, man that would be awesome...can you imagine U2 just holding 'Mercy' back for YEARS until they finally decided it was time to stop? How would THAT be to go out on?! :drool:

Man was thrown around as a title for both Achtung Baby and Atomic Bomb, but it was rejected. I can see why...besides the symmetry, it's not really that great of a title. :| Would anyone prefer AB be called Man?

I have to agree a bit with Mobvok..it's no that great a title, but I still think it would be great to go out on. Thanks for the support SiW87!

Man is the worst possible title I can imagine! Yes, worse than even clunky 6 word titles. They were boys in 1980 and now they're men? Sooooo bad! :tsk:

mobvok said:
Man was thrown around as a title for both Achtung Baby and Atomic Bomb, but it was rejected. I can see why...besides the symmetry, it's not really that great of a title. :| Would anyone prefer AB be called Man?

To be perfectly honest with you, "Achtung Baby" isn't that great of a title, either. I like the idea of "man." It would signify the coming of full circle for the band and a nice note to go out on :up:

COBL_04 said:

What do you think?

I've never heard that idea before.

They should call it A Bigger Bang, and they should release it when they're in their sixties and the sexual innuendo has gone from funny to really, really creepy.

liamcool said:

Corpse has already been used as a title for a Passengers song.

Which means they can re-use Corpse as the title track of the album and thus cut down on 1. amount of news song they need to create and 2. months spent recording the bloody album.

Zootlesque said:
Man is the worst possible title I can imagine! Yes, worse than even clunky 6 word titles. They were boys in 1980 and now they're men? Sooooo bad! :tsk:

They could do worse and call the last album Girl. Or Foetus.

And also, a :lmao: to typhoon.

typhoon said:
They should call it A Bigger Bang, and they should release it when they're in their sixties and the sexual innuendo has gone from funny to really, really creepy.

:lmao:

I sort of like the idea of Mercy...admittingly I want it to be released as soon as possible...but if they saved it as the final track on the final album...that would be a good note to go out on. But I think they could do even better. The "last U2 song" should be an epic on the level of Mercy but even greater...nothing boring like Grace and nothing as dark as Love is Blindness (though that's one of my favourite U2 songs ever). They need something uplifting but a few steps above Yahweh in terms of quality.

I should just dictate the rest of U2's career, huh? :wink:

Man...I don't know. I think it would depend on the album, really. It could work beautifully, or it could be really cheesy.

Back
Top Bottom