U2's last album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mercy would be the best song to close their last album

"I am alive, baby I'm born again and again
And again, and again and again and again
Again"

How could they not end with that? Uplifting rebirth song at the end of the last song, classic

I thought "Mercy" would be a good Side Two track One or two. I can't remember why :ohmy:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Mercy would be the best song to close their last album

"I am alive, baby I'm born again and again
And again, and again and again and again
Again"

How could they not end with that?

Agree! :up:

I like it most when U2 finish albums with 3 songs that go: epic / full on rock / ballad

for example:-

JT: One Tree Hill / Exit / Mothers
AB: Ultra Violet / Arcobat / Love is Blindness
Pop: Velvet Dress / Please / Dead Man
ATYCLB: When I Look at the World / New York / Grace

On that basis, I'd have Mercy as the 3rd last track (the 'epic').

chocky said:
I like it most when U2 finish albums with 3 songs that go: epic / full on rock / ballad

for example:-

JT: One Tree Hill / Exit / Mothers
AB: Ultra Violet / Arcobat / Love is Blindness
Pop: Velvet Dress / Please / Dead Man
ATYCLB: When I Look at the World / New York / Grace

On that basis, I'd have Mercy as the 3rd last track (the 'epic').

I agree w/ the full on rock/ballad

but UltraViolet, Velvet Dress, When I Look... = epic?

This is kind of a random question but would you have preferred these titles over the real album names?

Achtung Baby: Zoo Station, 69, Cruise Down Main Street

Pop: Pop pour hommes, Godzilla

How to Dismantle: Solar, Vertigo, Hanover Quay

I think the next album should either be titled "Mercy", "Solar", "Winter", or "Twilight"

LemonMacPhisto said:
This is kind of a random question but would you have preferred these titles over the real album names?

Achtung Baby: Zoo Station, 69, Cruise Down Main Street

Pop: Pop pour hommes, Godzilla

How to Dismantle: Solar, Vertigo, Hanover Quay

I think the next album should either be titled "Mercy", "Solar", "Winter", or "Twilight"

Just Solar/Hanover Quay over HTDAAB!

Zootlesque said:

Just Solar/Hanover Quay over HTDAAB!

Hanover Quay would be a good title for a U2 record, but not HTDAAB. Hanover Quay is the name of the studio they record in, therefore when you think of Hanover Quay, you think environment in which the record was recorded. Now, when we think of the environment a record was recorded in, we can think of the physical environment/atmosphere, the mental/psychological environment/atmosphere, musical environment/atmosphere, etc. With this in mind, this title seems more appropriate for a record dense with atmospherics and soundscapes and a certain feeling of coldness. Think of UF era and think of the short-lived but spectacular quasi-era between the Pop era and the ATYCLB era, in which the MDH songs(Ground Beneath Her Feet, Stateless, Falling At Your Feet, Never Let You Go) were recorded. I feel that the title 'Hanover Quay' is much better suited to THAT kind of record than to a record like HTDAAB, which seems to want to distance itself from the U2 tradition of atmospherics and soundscapes and, and seems full of 'PLEASE PLAY ME ON THE RADIO' type songs.

namkcuR said:

Hanover Quay would be a good title for a U2 record, but not HTDAAB. Hanover Quay is the name of the studio they record in, therefore when you think of Hanover Quay, you think environment in which the record was recorded. Now, when we think of the environment a record was recorded in, we can think of the physical environment/atmosphere, the mental/psychological environment/atmosphere, musical environment/atmosphere, etc. With this in mind, this title seems more appropriate for a record dense with atmospherics and soundscapes and a certain feeling of coldness. Think of UF era and think of the short-lived but spectacular quasi-era between the Pop era and the ATYCLB era, in which the MDH songs(Ground Beneath Her Feet, Stateless, Falling At Your Feet, Never Let You Go) were recorded. I feel that the title 'Hanover Quay' is much better suited to THAT kind of record than to a record like HTDAAB, which seems to want to distance itself from the U2 tradition of atmospherics and soundscapes and, and seems full of 'PLEASE PLAY ME ON THE RADIO' type songs.

Except Hanover Quay is being turned into some sort of shopping center or something. U2 is supposed to have a new studio, some sort of tower thing, but I don't know how that's going.

All sorts of construction when I went there a year ago.

It would make sense to U2 fans, but it isn't as marketable as other names.

Man is cheesy, it was just an idea, but I doubt very much it will happen.

Mercy would be the most awesome song ever to finish on. :drool: :drool:

THE UTTERMOST EDGE OF THE EARTH
...short form TUEOTE which sounds a bit maori/polynesian

the album starts with ukulele :sexywink: and is inspired by the great tv show LOST

Back
Top Bottom