U2's favorite band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it changes all the time.

Somewhere I thot I heard that Adam liked Doves! :D Dunno if that's true, but if it is...he has good taste.

sulawesigirl4 said:

Somewhere I thot I heard that Adam liked Doves! :D Dunno if that's true, but if it is...he has good taste.

He does! Or he really liked their Lost Souls album, at least.

I think they all like Radiohead and REM.

I think Bono mentioned something about The White Stripes, The Strokes and Craig David recently. And I think Edge mentioned Travis. But these are probably their current favorites. David Bowie, the Ramones, Patti Smith, The Clash and other more classic bands are probably their all-time favorites and the ones that had the strongest influence on them...

I read in a Q magazine article in which they interviewed Adam he said his favorite album of the last 15 years was "No Protection" by Massive Attack.

Massive Attack rules, but their future is in doubt. I've heard they may be splitting up. Oh no!! :no:

Last edited:
I know Bono likes (or likeD) Sigur Ros and for awhile 'back in the day', Clannad, of course.

Hey Sula - based on your word alone (okay, maybe a few others' too) I'm downloading/burning some Doves tunes from Kazaa sight unseen. I've ever heard them, but hope to like 'em! Same for Elbow. I'm always up for new tunage! ;)

Achtung Zooropa said:
I read in a Q magazine article in which they interviewed Adam he said his favorite album of the last 15 years was "No Protection" by Massive Attack.

Massive Attack rules, but their future is in doubt. I've heard they may be splitting up. Oh no!! :no:

No splitting up, they're coming out with a new album in the fall... a few of the tracks have Sinead O'Conner on 'em. They're working on mixing it right now.

I personally don't really like No Protection. I prefer Massive Attack when they haven't been messed around with by Dj shadow or whatever his name is. or maybe i should just give it a chance to grow on me.

Back
Top Bottom