U2s' eras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

giant lemons...

The Fly
their sound goes in threes. boy october war. unforgettable Fire
jt rh. ab zooropa pop. atyclb htdaat -. this means that only one more shit album before they do something different.

thats what people said about the guy that said the world was round. do u think the world is flat.

giant lemons... said:
thats what people said about the guy that said the world was round. do u think the world is flat.

giant lemons... said:
same with electricity. do u beleve in electricity?

Two of the stupidest posts ever.

Person 1: The world is round, I say!

Person 2: Rattle & Hum has nothing do with UF!

Person 1: WTF! :huh: OMG.. LOL!!111

Person 2: STFU, n00b! :madspit:

The Earth is flat.

I know because I'm the only cosmonaut here. Now stfu before I roll you off the edge of the planet.

Yeah, someone guessed the last moobs and I sent them a PS2.

Time to guess these and I'll send you:
Mongoose_20_Inches_Koncept_Dual_Suspension_Mountain_Bicycle_Toys-resized200.jpg

giant lemons... said:
same with electricity. do u beleve in electricity?

Is this guy an idiot?! I've read most of his posts, but this one is by far the most stupid post I've ever read.:huh:

I don't agree with the theory about the album because that would mean that U2 is predictable and I believe that they are anything but that when it comes to their music.

I think the theory is right if you look at the fact that you need one album to make the other.

Era 1 - Boy, U2's debut. October, more drums. War, focused mostly on drums.

Era 2 - Fire, a sound completely different then War. More of the "sonic landscape". Tree, Fire but with more of an American background. Rattle and Hum, just about 100% old school American.

Era 3 - Achtung, as we know U2 dreaming it all up again with dance music and techno in mind, but still rock. Zooropa, developed from the ZooTV tour with more of a tech influence. Pop, dance music but still rock and roll.

Era 4 - ATYCLB, basic U2, a little more raw. Bomb, even more raw and rock n roll (for the most part)

I know this was a quick explanation. But I hope I somewhat got my point across. I think that's what makes U2's discography so great. You can't have one without the other.

I love how everyone gets so emotional over a subject like this. No one can just accept the fact that people have different views. Isn't that the point of a forum? To discuss things?

Vox1254 said:
I love how everyone gets so emotional over a subject like this. No one can just accept the fact that people have different views. Isn't that the point of a forum? To discuss things?

Who got emotional besides the thread starter? I didn't see anyone else get emotional...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom