U2's darkest songs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love is Blindness
Please
Mofo
Do You Feel Loved
Discotheque
:huh:
Acrobat
Exit
Zooropa
Tommorrow

And The Sweetest Thing is one of U2's most cheerful songs, but I found it amazing that lyrics are actually dark and bittersweet!

Last edited:
Cute Irish Bono said:

And The Sweetest Thing is one of U2's most cheerful songs, but I found it amazing that lyrics are actually dark and bittersweet!

It's quite true. It's one of those cases where if you just listen to the music and title your perception of the song will be quite different than if you listen to all of the lyrics...

I think Exit is their darkest song. No hope to be found there. Everything about this song is dark and perfect...and didn't some guy murder someone and claim he was inspired by Exit? I could swear I read that somewhere...

Also the entire albums of Achtung Baby and Pop are pretty dark, with some exceptions of course. I love the dark side of U2.

Cute Irish Bono said:
And The Sweetest Thing is one of U2's most cheerful songs, but I found it amazing that lyrics are actually dark and bittersweet! [/B]

It's a great song but you really do have a point about the lyrics being dark. My choice is WOWY it's beautiful but that too has some moments in it that aren't too cheerful,lol.

Peace on Earth
So Cruel
Wake Up Dead Man

I know personally, POE is like this massive black hole that I avoid if at all possible. :no: Something about that song just feels like it's sucking every shred of joy from my entire being.... I don't understand it, I just know it's true for me. :sad:

Halifax said:
My votes goes to Exit and Mothers of the Disappeard as two of U2's most darkest songs.

"His head felt heavy
As he cut acorss the land
A dog starting crying
Like a broken hearted man
At the howling wind...
The howling wind."

"Midnight, our sons and dughters
Were cut down and taken from us
Hear their heatbeat...
We hear their heartbeat
In the wind
We hear there laughter
In the rain
We see their tears
Hear the heartbeat..."

:drool:

Exit live was definitely one of the highlights of Rattle and Hum. I hope there will be more songs in the future which would venture into U2's "dark side" (and more live versions as well).
:bow: :bow: :bow: :drool:

October
Tomorrow
Drowning Man
A Sort Of Homecoming
The Unforgettable Fire
4th Of July
Exit
Acrobat
Love Is Blindness
Your Blue Room
Please
Wake Up Dead Man
Peace On Earth
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
A Man And A Woman

Mother's of the Disaapeared
Exit
UTEOTW
Tomorrow
Almost all of Pop

Love Is Blindness
Exit
UTEOTW
Tomorrow(don't listen to this at 3 am, outside, alone. it freaks you out)
Please
Wake Up A Dead Man
Mofo
Fly

BluRmGrl said:

I know personally, POE is like this massive black hole that I avoid if at all possible. :no: Something about that song just feels like it's sucking every shred of joy from my entire being.... I don't understand it, I just know it's true for me. :sad:

Glad I'm not the only one who finds this dark.

What is the definiton of dark here? I would never had said that Beautiful Day and Sweetest Thing were dark...I would have thought quite the opposite.

Back
Top Bottom