U2's Cover of Everlasting Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah im also a big fan of the cover version. Amazing Bono vocals.

I heard it once on the radio, but it was a "covers weekend". They also played the Larry Mullen/Adam Clayton Mission Impossible cover.

I think it's wonderful. There's something very pure about this cover and "Unchained Melody" - same with other great recordings from the R&H era.

yeah, it gets played/used to get played on the radio back home in Adelaide a lot. like, a lot. when i first discovered U2 i was like "these are the guys that did Everlasting Love! right!"

The best compliment to it is that it stands equal to the Love Affair (1968?) original. There's just so much energy in the U2 version.

U2 like to joke about how bad they were/are at cover versions, but they seemed to be digging into some old songs with real fire in the late 80s. I guess it was their roots-music mindset at the time.

I love this version- Everlasting love and Unchained Melody....such good passionate covers :up:

I remember it being played a lot in the early 90's on KROQ. So much that I thought it was actually a new song.

I like this cover a lot. It has such a joy in it!

This song (U2's version of Everlasting Love) also charted on its own in the Dutch charts, months after the All I Want Is You single was released. It even got higher than AIWIY (#10 for Everlasting Love, #12 for All I Want Is You)!

It's one of my favorite U2 covers. I just get a sense of joy from them when I listen to it - like they're just enjoying the hell out of playing it.

I love this cover. Bono's voice is out of this world. Unchained Melody is my favourite but this comes close.
All I Want Is You, Unchained Melody and Everlasting Love...what a combination!!

yeah, it gets played/used to get played on the radio back home in Adelaide a lot. like, a lot. when i first discovered U2 i was like "these are the guys that did Everlasting Love! right!"

Haha, yeah. They mainly play stuff from the RaH era here, hey. Still stuck in Lovetown, I think.

(Where in Adelaide do you live?)

Back
Top Bottom