U2's best TV Performances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UTEOTW at the brit awards was amazing the best version I have heard.

Bono walks through the celebs and climbs the barrier to get to the crowd. Real classic u2 moment

I would love to see this again:drool:

1. LIFE ON A DISTANT PLANET!
2. The "Fire" music video...cool flames
3. Street Mission!

right, now we've got the obscure, street cred ones out of the way...

walk on 9/11 show
mofo mtv europe

accept no other

does live aid (1985) count?

i saw that on tv :shrug:

one of thier best moments ever imo

4 that haven't been mentioned:

Mofo live Edmonton on Muchmusic!!!!!!!

UTEOTE live satelite to Freddie Mercury Fest 1992!!!!!!!!

Sydney 1989!!!!!!!!

9/11 Letterman "New York"!!!!!!!!

u2fp

I can't think of any thing that tops the Super Bowl halftime show. Musically, the band wasn't at their best, but there was SOOO much emotion in the performance. I mean, aside from the list of the victims, when Bono showed the American flag in his jacket and made the heart sign with his hands, it officially solidified that performance as the best halftime show EVER.

CDFallon said:
I can't think of any thing that tops the Super Bowl halftime show. Musically, the band wasn't at their best, but there was SOOO much emotion in the performance. I mean, aside from the list of the victims, when Bono showed the American flag in his jacket and made the heart sign with his hands, it officially solidified that performance as the best halftime show EVER.

Unquestionably, that was the best halftime performance in the history of sports. And that's a fact. Now, is it U2's greatest live TV performance, that's to be debated but in -my opinion- nothing comes close to touching the Superbowl show. It hit me on a personally level. Especially since I lived in NYC, as soon as Bono showed the flag from his jacket, I lost it. :drool:

A friend of mine, his aunt actually works in the corporate side of the NFL and according to her, everyone in the administration agrees that the U2 halftime show was the greatest performance ever done. (And this was said before the Janet Jackson incident, haha).

<<Superbowl>>

IIRC, The opening half of BD was lipsynced.

<<best performance in the history of sports>>

Possibly - I thought the NBA finals/Boston DVD performance ws better.

Ever seen Marvin Gaye's "seduction" of the Star Spangled Banner at the 1981(?) NBA all-star game in LA?

Honourable mention also needs to go to Corey Hart singing O'Canada to the melody of Star Spangled Banner several years ago at Vancouver's GM Place before a hockey game. Corey is Canadian.

u2fp

you know I never heard of U2 before that Superbowl performance

I rushed into my room after the performance and pulled out my brother's CD, I vaguely remember a song named "Beautiful Day" being on it...

life-changing moment, yes it was

Back
Top Bottom