U2's best pop song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
After ATYCLB and the Bomb and U2's mission for the perfect pop song/single in this era, what song do you think got the closest to being a great pop tune? Here are your choices for answering:

Beautiful day
Stuck in a moment
In a little while
Wild honey
A man and a woman
Original of the species
98' version of Sweetest thing
- other (say which)
- they haven't written the perfect pop song yet, it's coming in the future

My choice would be Original of the species, followed closely by Sweetest thing single version.

Last edited:
I don't know if I'd really consider Beautiful Day as a "pop" song. I'd go with the Sweetest Thing.

pop song?
Stuck in a moment, in a little while, ORIGINAL OF THE SPICIES:drool: , The Sweetest thing:up:
There are all magnificent

Chizip said:
I don't know if I'd really consider Beautiful Day as a "pop" song. I'd go with the Sweetest Thing.

Of course Beautiful Day is a pop song as is most of the last 2 albums except for maybe LAPOE, New York, and 1 or 2 others. U2 are a nice pop band now, churning out pop tune after pop tune. I can see them being on a program like x factor/pop idol in 10 years time where the public vote on what band should get a second chance. There'll be a choice between U2, REM, Boyzone, Take That & Queen for a second chance at being a pop band!:wink:

I'm so happy that he got his own show! For an English project, me and my group is doing a version of the Colbert Report. I'm supposed to be Stephen and all I can hope is that I'm half as funny as him.

My vote goes to the Sweetest Thing. I love Wild Honey too though.:cute:

if not sweetest thing, then beautiful day, though beautiful day is a better song anyway.

beautiful day really is the perfect u2 song in a lot of ways.

Mofo?

oh, nvm, wrong Pop

tie between The Sweetest Thing/Beautiful Day

Zoomerang96 said:
if not sweetest thing, then beautiful day, though beautiful day is a better song anyway.

beautiful day really is the perfect u2 song in a lot of ways.

Very true. Beautiful Day sort of encompasses U2 as a band. That and Mercy... :drool: but my pick for the perfect pop song would have to be ORIGINAL OF THE SPECIES. Which, uh, didn't get released as a single... :scratch:

Balfron said:
seriously guys what is a pop song? I'm not actually sure!

I thought you were kidding with that!

Well, to me I'd say a song with - often - uplifting lyrics. catchy chorus, instantly recognisable melody, it uses instruments like piano and/or strings and keyboards. In most cases, it uses the traditional verse-chorus formula.

Think Abba, early Beatles stuff - Paul McCartney songs especially, Simon/Garfunkel, Eurhytmics, Crowded house.
I guess you could call the modern day pop the likes of Christina/Britney, Justin etc...

Anyone else want to try define "pop"?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom