U2's best live songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xIrish

Babyface
Hey guys, I was wondering what are some of U2's best live songs that are available for purchase/download. I already have the Live Aid version of Bad, which is tremendous, and am looking for others. Any help would be much appreciated, especially if you guys know of a great live version of "Exit" that I could find.

I think this post will be moved to the MP3 forum soon but I do have other live versions of Bad that are good.....LiveAid is definetly the best though. There are many many excellent live Mp3s of other songs around....check out the MP3 forum

Last edited:
Where the Streets Have No Name is without a doubt the best live song in my opinion. God walks through the room every time they play it you know. The intro is absolutley amazing and combined with the lights from the Elevation tour
:drool:

Gone (comes to life so much more live)
Starring at the Sun (acoustic)
Angel of Harlem
Elevation (another song tha is better live.)
Kite (Bono puts so much emotion into it)
Those are just a few.

i have the entire New Years 1990 concert... the whole thing is good! And as for Exit, the Rattle and Hum version is Biblical!

Dr_Macphisto said:
And as for Exit, the Rattle and Hum version is Biblical! [/B]
Yes, yes, yes. I also think Sunday Bloody Sunday on R&H is the best I've ever heard. Hmmm... thinking of Exit on R&H makes me wish U2 would always do two shows per city. One night they could play all the popular tunes that the average fan digs and then on night two they could play all the lesser known songs that the diehard fans get off on. Exit, Out of Control, Fire, October, Like a Song, Acrobat, Lemon, Running to Stand Still and so on. U2 are the only band in my opinion that could pull those two types of shows off equally. Even the untrained ear would be blown away by the "unkowns"

Bullet The Blue Sky
Until The End Of The World
Where The Streets Have No Name
Mysterious Ways
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Last Night On Earth
One
Pride
Bad
Beautiful Day

:up:

Slane castle. I think it's their best concert ever. Until the End of the World, Kite, All I Want is You, Where the Streets Have No Name, Mysterious Ways... almost every single song in that concert is amazing.

I think the best version of Bad is Dublin '93 by the way :)

With or without you from Rattle and Hum is AWESOME one of the best live performances of this song ever!

You can't ignore 11 O'clock Tick Tock if you want a classic live song.

Bad, Bullet the Blue Sky and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear Exit again :wink:

Where the streets have no name is just the best live song EVER!

others are:

The Fly
Bad
With or Without You
Gone

Bullet the Blue Sky
Mysterious Ways
Love is Blindness
Please
Last Night on Earth
Until the End of the World
Kite

and of course, the two classics... Bad and Streets.

Where the Streets Have No Name is obviously the best song in a U2 live show. It makes everyone in the audience go :hyper: or :combust: Playing Streets in NYC in the fall of 2001 apparantly inspired the HTDAAB track, City of Blinding Lights.

Here are a few of my other live favorites:

I Will Follow
Out of Control
Gloria
Sunday Bloody Sunday
A Sort of Homecoming
Bad
Pride
I Still Have not Found What I'm Looking For
Running to Stand Still
Exit
Until the End of the World
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Beautiful Day
Kite
Walk On

I can't believe no one has put PLEASE on here!

I'm hoping please will be in the next tour with the full band.

Dr_Macphisto said:
i have the entire New Years 1990 concert... the whole thing is good! And as for Exit, the Rattle and Hum version is Biblical!

can i have it? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom