U2's b-sides and rarities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A lot of great material to choose from. A Best Of U2 B-Sides & Side Projects?

1. Hold Me, Thrill Me
2. Holy Joe
3. Salome
4. Lady With A Spinning Head
5. Night And Day
6. Love Comes Tumbling
7. North And South Of The River
8. Smile
9. Mercy
10. Luminous Times
11. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
12. Always

Deep in the heart paints such a great landscape for me. It makes me feel that sense that I'm in the middle of the Grand canyon looking for some lost love.... good stuff in that song. I would suggest you guys take a look at that gem. Listen to it over and over and you will see my point of view. I highly recomend it!

ozeeko said:
U2's albums (for the most part) are brilliant. But some of their most inspired and haunting works have come from the songs that don't make it to the album. Examples: "Walk To The Water" (what a timeless work of art, should be in a museum), "Spanish Eyes" (U2's most uninhibited outpouring of lust), "I'm Not Your Baby"(best U2 hiphop attempt, and one of their freakiest soundscapes) , "Luminous Times"(in the top ten U2 plea of desperation category), "Solame" (The Zooromancer remix is like a holy religious dance, sort of Enigma-like) , "Love Comes Tumbling" (it's good but i'm too tired for a description) , "Boomerang" (great for driving in the snow)... and some of their finest excersizes in ROCK: "Holy Joe" and "Big Girls Are Best"...not to mention their covers are out-of-sight... "Dancing Barefoot" and "Night And Day" are two of my favorite U2 recordings ever. Good shit.

Ozeeko, the proof that I don't hate you (no, I may not agree with you most of the times, but I don't hate you:hug: :sad: ) is that I totally agree with this thread. It's marvelous when we rediscover these pieces, and we wonder why didn't get in an album or were kept as b-sides or rare songs.

Others I share as precious rare ones:

Wild irish rose
Salome
Where did it all go wrong
Fast cars (it's a shame that it was kept as bonus track)
Boomerang II (I love this one)
Levitate

Let's not forget "In a Lifetime", Bono was in the video as well (1985). A great song, all but forgotten.

Snowlock said:
B-Sides Baby:

Trash, Trampoline & The Party Girl
Treasure
3 Sunrises
Love Comes Tumbling
Silver & Gold
Spanish Eyes
The Sweetest Thing
Everlasting Love
A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel
Halelluja Here She Comes
Satellite of Love
Lady With The Spinning Head
Night & Day (Steel String Remix)
Salome
Where Did It All Go Wrong
Slow Dancing (Original Version)
North & South Of The River
Always
Electrical Storm (Band Version)
Are You Gonna Wait Forever

Zooropa man said:
Deep in the heart paints such a great landscape for me. It makes me feel that sense that I'm in the middle of the Grand canyon looking for some lost love.... good stuff in that song. I would suggest you guys take a look at that gem. Listen to it over and over and you will see my point of view. I highly recomend it!

You are so right! I found this song last night and I've been playing it non-stop. It's got a strange creepy undercurrent that runs through it. I don't know what it is, but it's darkly beautiful. Sounds like the soundtrack to some erotic murder mystery. Actually, this is interesting: "The ominous 'Deep in the Heart' does it powerfully (cover the sexual songwriting terrain), depicting a Lolita-style scene with an almost disquieting sense of detachment." - Niall Stokes from U2 Into The Heart.

Back
Top Bottom